Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

head unit wont play cds suddenly...?

Options
  • 09-10-2006 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

not sure if this would be the right forum but here goes, was playing some cds in the car today and turned off the ignition and got petrol, came back out and started the car and the cd just spins and wont play

have tried numerous cds now, taking off the headunit putting it back on

anyone ever had this problem? is it broken? the only thing ive managed to be able to do is, if i try to skip forward a song on the cd i can hear it play, but as soon as i let go of the button to do this, it stops and goes back to just spinning and not playing

the radio still works fine.

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Try to reset the unit by pressing the reset button if it has one, or remove the head unit and pull the main plug out for 30 sec. then plug it back in. It probable got an electrical surge from the starter. it happens.
    What make, model is the unit?
    The reason I ask is because usually happens to non brands products, the like of Aldi sells.

Advertisement