Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Barabas! Free Barabas!

Options
  • 09-10-2006 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just was noticed that dahamsta aka ken shabby aka \m/_(>_<)_\m/ (damn thats a pain in the ass login!?!!?!?!) was unbanned.

Why so such? Is there a way for perma banned people or scum as they are better know as, to be unbanned?

If saidly so what is the system? Maybe the system should be posted or made a sticky in Prision? It might help rehabilitate other scum?

Thats not to say his post in the Help forum didn't reek of ignorance and attitude. A slight tad more rehabilitation might help :) though it was probably down to his parents to teach him common manners so boards.ie can side track that law suit :D

Perhaps, to get back to basics, the what ever point plan to good boards.ie people being should be posted? For the good of the community. Even the bad bits.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What makes you think \m/_(>_<)_\m/ is an alias of dahamsta?

There is no "system" for getting back from being permabanned. Some people will never have their ban lifted, regardless of what they do. Others who have made a significant contribution in the past may have theirs lifted if the admins are convinced that their membership is worthwhile for the community in the long run.

I also don't appreciate you abusing members, past or present. No need to be crude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

seamus wrote:

There is no "system" for getting back from being permabanned. Some people will never have their ban lifted, regardless of what they do. Others who have made a significant contribution in the past may have theirs lifted if the admins are convinced that their membership is worthwhile for the community in the long run.

I also don't appreciate you abusing members, past or present. No need to be crude.

I was not being crude. Calm down Seamus. Any one who was just unbanned posting "I was banned from AH some time ago and the ban is still in place, please lift it." seems rude or unmannerly to me.

maybe thats just me and the way I was brought up!

As for his other account, well I will have to search for where he was caught out. I'll be back later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

So, you're saying that you just joined boards for the first time in July and you know the dahamsta/ken shabby history already as well as being intimately concerned with the unbanning procedure, or lack thereof.

Or have you had previous accounts? People in glass houses etc..

Why are you stirring the shit?

edanto wrote:
    So, you're saying that you just joined boards for the first time in July and you know the dahamsta/ken shabby history already as well as being intimately concerned with the unbanning procedure, or lack thereof.

Or have you had previous accounts? People in glass houses etc..

Why are you stirring the shit?

There are children standing here,
    Arms outstretched into the sky,
    Tears drying on their face.
    He has been here.
    Brothers lie in shallow graves.
    Fathers lost without a trace.
    A nation blind to their disgrace,
    Since he's been here.

And I see no bravery,
    No bravery in your eyes anymore.
    Only sadness.

Houses burnt beyond repair.
    The smell of death is in the air.
    A woman weeping in despair says,
    He has been here.
    Tracer lighting up the sky.
    It's another families‚ turn to die.
    A child afraid to even cry out says,
    He has been here.

And I see no bravery,
    Only sadness.

There are children standing here,
    Arms outstretched into the sky,
    But no one asks the question why,
    He has been here.
    Old men kneel and accept their fate.
    Wives and daughters cut and raped.
    A generation drenched in hate.
    Yes, he has been here.

And I see no bravery,
    Only sadness.

dahamsta may not LOL but I did ;)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I just saw his post in IoffL and wondered the same thing. Have all sins been forgiven?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52177275&postcount=46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

On a totally unrelated note I do like the irony of the announcement in Prison :eek:

mental.jpg

It also gives me the chance to show off my uber-photoshop-skillzors :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Someone mentioned this thread to me in the pub the other night, my famous radar let me down.
    seamus wrote:
    For the record, that wasn't one of my handles; he's probably thinking of "x w62CE y6CCJ". And I wasn't being rude when I asked to be unbanned from AH, it was just a request. Some people will go to extraordinary lengths to be offended.

Thanks to Vexorg for handling my return to Boards btw, and to his colleagues for being reasonable in light of my unreasonableness in the past.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Whatcha do to get banned?

Advertisement