Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College numbers

Options
  • 09-10-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Thought we ought to say congratulations to DURC on their Fresher's Week recruitment drive - 330 members so far, which means we'll see somewhere over 400 by the end of the academic year. About two-thirds or more of those will try the sport at least once; maybe a quarter of that will still be shooting regularly by year's end and we might see up between thirty and fifty shooting competitively within the club. Outside the club is more difficult because of logistics, but postal matches do tend to see a lot of entries!

Haven't heard from UCDRC I'm afraid (maybe someone out there will post from UCD?), but they usually have quite similar numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Head over to the DCU section of boards and you can see there is someone trying to set up a DCURC. Some of ye could offer any advice to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

We do know about it and are helping jim - but any help you could give them yourself would be well appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I'm a student in DCU itself, and I have no connection with shooting at all, not sure how I can really help. I was in here reading up on the latest happenings in Galway, just caught that DURC thread by pyyyyure nosyness:o

Advertisement