Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yoann Gourcuff - is he?

• 09-10-2006 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

going to be a great? I haven't seen him play, but is he the next big thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Never heard of him, the latest in a long line of next Pele/Maradona/insert appropriate nationality here...? Don't believe the hype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Never heard of him to be honest. I'm guessing he's the next teenage whizz kid yeah? I know this is a long shot but I don't suppose Yoann is Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

All i know is he's seen as Zidane's heir apparent.

What have you heard of him, OP ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Plays for Milan, 20 years old, dug this up:

http://www.uefa.com/magazine/news/Kind=512/newsId=458621.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gourcuff&search=Search

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoann_Gourcuff

Considering he has made one start for Milan and about 70 for Rennes I doubt there are too many people here who have seen him play very often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SofaKing wrote:
    All i know is he's seen as Zidane's heir apparent.

Isnt that Bruno Cheyrou?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes, well, we Liverpool fans don't like to talk about that, do we. Houllier was a bit mad wasn't he :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

SofaKing wrote:
    Yes, well, we Liverpool fans don't like to talk about that, do we. Houllier was a bit mad wasn't he :)

I assume Lyon must have no transfer funds, he's been there a year and no dodgy buys yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Collie D wrote:
    I assume Lyon must have no transfer funds, he's been there a year and no dodgy buys yet

Was he not in for ciise at one stagebefore he got injured? So it's not like he isnt trying.:)

Maybe rafa is taking pity on him and refusing to sell him on the crap he bought into liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Collie D wrote:
    He's made some good signings as far as i can tell Kallstrom , Tiago , Fred etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

He's a pretty good player, seen him play and score a couple of times. He's probably the best young player in the French league since Ronaldinho left in 2003.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Better than Franck Ribery, Samir Nasri, Hatem Ben Arfa, Jeremy Ménez and Mourad Meghni ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

zabbo wrote:
    Better than Franck Ribery, Samir Nasri, Hatem Ben Arfa, Jeremy Ménez and Mourad Meghni ?

Yes. Ribery aside, the rest are either having trouble in breaking through or in the case of Meghni, has already moved back to France after a failed tour in Italy I think. This of course isn't my opinion but that of the French football fans I work with :)

Ribery is a fine player but isn't belisved to be the "next big thing" in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

To be honest I think he is goign to be a star. As a Milan fan I have watched him quite a bit and the noise preseason in Milanello was that they have unearthed a star in the making. Certainly from his performances so far he has enormous potential. You can see the areas of his game he needs to work on (decision making, release the ball a touch quicker and take a little less time on it) but these will come with age and experience. Remember Zidane wasn't world class until he was approaching his mid 20's.

Id say watch out for him, he has future world player of the year written all over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The sooner he gets back from injury and takes Sedorfs place in midfeild the better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He is already a very very good player, he will be a Milan legend, unlike Milan's last few big young signings (Pozzi, Borriello to name but two).

His passing is so so good, his bead ball delivery is great, can walk past players, great in the air, great finisher.... he reminds me so so much of Kaka, except maybe not as fast and plays a little deeper.

Seaneh wrote:
    His passing is so so good, his bead ball delivery is great, can walk past players, great in the air, great finisher.... he reminds me so so much of Kaka, except maybe not as fast and plays a little deeper.

I'd agree with all of that. His dead ball delivery I forgot to mention is exceptional...

Also Seaneh you can put in the biggest young flop in Milans recent past. Sam Della Bonna..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

iregk wrote:
    To be honest I think he is goign to be a star. As a Milan fan I have watched him quite a bit and the noise preseason in Milanello was that they have unearthed a star in the making. Certainly from his performances so far he has enormous potential. You can see the areas of his game he needs to work on (decision making, release the ball a touch quicker and take a little less time on it) but these will come with age and experience. Remember Zidane wasn't world class until he was approaching his mid 20's.

Id say watch out for him, he has future world player of the year written all over him.

But he has only played for Milan once I thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    But he has only played for Milan once I thought...

Only one competitive game he is injured at the moment
    I assume he has seen him pre-season

Only one competitive game he is injured at the moment
    I assume he has seen him pre-season

Indeed, preseason and competitive game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement