Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need WBP Ply for Shower walls before tiling?

Options
  • 09-10-2006 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just the question : Do I need WBP Ply for Shower walls before tiling?

There's render/plaster on 1 side and the other side is just painted.

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

are you building a false wall in the shower or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

The shower is in a corner of the bathroom.

1 side of the shower was built up by about 1 1/2" because of the location of the shower tray. It was offset from the wall and a little gap was left, hence the 1 1/2" bulid up of plaster board and rendering. The other side expose to water is just painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

You could put tanking on it. It really is the best job. Comes in a bucket and when you spread it on it dries like rubber and you can then tile onto that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

wyndham wrote:
    You could put tanking on it. It really is the best job. Comes in a bucket and when you spread it on it dries like rubber and you can then tile onto that.

Quick question on the tanking method. I am redoing a shower room and the walls and floor are sheeted with WBP. Could I spread on this tanking on the floor and walls and create a wet room of sorts? I would still have a shower tray (760x1000) so the water wouldn't be going directly onto the floor.

Advertisement