Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Monitors

Options
  • 09-10-2006 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I want to setup two monitors on my PC.

What is the best way to do this? From what I understand I need to get a graphics card with two outputs, is this correct?

Can anyone recommend a graphics card.

This will not be used for anything fancy, no games or similar, just regular PC apps.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Anything with two outputs will do does your motherboard use the AGP or PCI-Express interface if its an older computer it's probably AGP.

You can verify by running CPU-Z go to the mainboard tab and look at the bottom it will say AGP or PCI-Express as the interface.

Most come with 1 VGA & 1 DVI output or 2 DVI outputs but the ship the adaptors for use with VGA displays.

If AGP get this FX2000 comes with 1 VGA and 1 DVI output.

If PCI-e get this 6200, comes with 1 VGA and 1 DVI output.

If both your monitors use DVI and you wish to use the digital signal connection for both, cards that have dual DVI are available but further up the price chain.

As for installation,
    uninstall existing drivers
    Install card
    Install drivers
    Run multi-monitor display wizard select mode for usage, clone span etc.

Check out Ultramon to enhance XP's basic multi display features.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

8T8, thanks for the info :)

Advertisement