Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cert Notes

• 09-10-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

What did you do with yours? Did ya have a ceremonial burning of them the second the exams ended? Keep them for some odd reason? Or just discard them as meaningless?
    I gave the entirety of my JC notes to my friend. I have 20 friends doing teh Junior Cert this year wanting notes, so I'm their favourite person at the mo. Nice to know you're loved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I was good, I recycled some of mine. :p But I've still got loads of books, tests, mock + JC papers and loads more notes stuffed in a drawer somewhere in my room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Mine are shoved in a bag somewhere. Books and that given to anyone who wanted them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I lost mine.
    Then I lost my TY notes, which were important.
    Then I found my useless JC notes again.
    Alas.

Though I did give away some books, and exam papers and whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I still have some of mine, I had very little though. I just used the textbook.

Burned some of them :)
    Wasn't that fun:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I didn't really have notes but I ripped up my exam papers and threw them in the bin and burnt some stuff too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I recycled mine. Although I didnt have many notes. Just books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I put all mine in a big bag and threw them into the bonfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I put my exam papers/useless notes into the recycling bin. Anything of use I gave or kept aside for my sister (she;s in 1st year now, but will probably need a lotof the notes come 3rd year) Some of the language notes, like pages of french verbs conjugated in several tenses I kept because they're very useful and I still need to check up on them from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Then I lost my TY notes, which were important.
    TY, notes and important in one sentence... :eek:

But what if you're doing LC maths in TY and you get notes?

I miss my maths notes ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I suppose in the case of maths... but you would generally redo it all in 5th and 6th year anyway.

Jakkass wrote:
    TY, notes and important in one sentence... :eek:
    Irish notes. We spent most of the year preparing our Irish folders for LC. Now I cannot find any of the many sheets we wrote on grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Who takes notes for maths? I mean, what can you write besides formulas you'll have memorised anyway after doing practice questions??
    I never saw the point in using others' notes. How could notes you haven't made yourself possibly be helpful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

If you've lost your notes, the next best thing if you've got limited time is to get other's notes and try and copy them into your own understanding of the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I kept most of my notes, or at least tried, because they were good and could lend them to some people and there was some english work there that I was proud of. But then when my dad cleaned up the house he threw all the nicely and neatly stacked notes into a bin.........I was actually so upset!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We're doing APR in Maths atm...before that we were planning a wedding. For Maths. A bit odd, but nonetheless...
    We're doing our French oral thingy this year..very important apparently..

"so when Mrs. 2 marries Mr. 5, how much do they multiply on the wedding night?"

"..."

We learned big numbers yesterday.
    Homework: write out one googol.

Actually, interesting thing I just learned on wikipedia regarding big numbers:

It's actually IMPOSSIBLE to write down a googolplex in decimal notation because there isn't enough matter in the universe.

I studied the law of large numbers once...it's....impressive...

What is this law?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I left them in a random locker after ther JC and when I came back in september,they were gone
    in my mothers words
    "it'll save room in the green bin!"
    I kept my one folder of history notes though,because they remind me of good times

What is this law?

What wiki has to say on the law of large numbers

"The law of large numbers is a fundamental concept in statistics and probability that describes how the average of a randomly selected sample from a large population is likely to be close to the average of the whole population"

It's like a fractal represented in numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Heres hoping I don't have to do that...ack, Lisa can barely count as it is without a calculator...

We didn't do it, so it's presumably not on some imaginary TY curriculum.
    We just did phi and sudoku a lot.

Oh it's not on the LC curriculum, so dont't worry :)

Yay Sudoku! In TY atm we're doing LC maths to give us a head start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

God I hate Sudoku.

In our TY we've been doing higher level LC Maths from the very first day... it's a pain.

Yizzer all cheating bastids! If you beat me in the leaving cert in maths (nevermind we shan't be doing it the same year), I'll be might angry. Cheater hax.

Sudoku is wonderful!

Haha "beat" It's not a competition :)

(yeah you're right it so is)

You'll be ghappy to know I did awfully on a maths test today :p

Advertisement