Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A mild panic attack over past college days?

• 09-10-2006 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was browsing around on the galleries on websites of some nightclubs and pubs I used to go to when I was in college a few years ago and suddenly starting to feel like I was very anxious and my breathing sped up a little.

It wasnt really severe but I did have to more or less tell myself to calm down a bit.

Sometimes I do miss the college life, all those nights out with friends and everything was new and fun. Now it a 9-5 job, life is all about routine and everything is predictable. And boring sometimes. Every year is like the last.

I suppose college friends have moved on etc but I was wondering do most people go through a period like this after moving from the great days of college life to the working life?

Its like a mourning! I mean I do have plenty of hobbies and things to do, I am generally quite happy. Just not as much as I was in college.

Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I feel like I could have written your post myself, I would love to be back in college, had so many good friends that I made there, life was care free and simple. Pubbing & clubbing, just living life, doiing what ye wanted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Do you really miss that?

You seem more like you just want new experiences like you had in college to me. You enjoyed going out in college because you were meeting new people and it was new. I'm sure when you first started working, you thought it was great too. Get money and buy what you want. Something you hadn't done before.

I think you need a holiday with mates, a reunion or to join a club or pick up a new sport myself.

I found myself with similar thoughts to you and tried a couple of the things I thought would cheer me up but nothing did it but I took up kayaking and I'm happier than I've been in ages to be honest and healthier too (which might be another thing, exercise and fresh air if you work in an office all day).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Any big change in one's life can bring this on until you adjust. Normal reaction. But then again, it would seem that you need a little more fun in your life to break the 9-5?

Advertisement