Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Hunter RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

terrible news :(

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah, what a shame. A great player to watch. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

bloody hell:eek: very sad indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I have to say I wasn't a great fan of his originally however he gained my total respect as he was extremely brave going out to play when he still receiving treatment. I fully expected him to pull though so it's a massive shock and a great loss. R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah Jesus, thats terrible,thought the poor chap was on the mend. He was a cracking player. Th ematch where he beat Ronnie in the Masters Final a couple of years back(10-9) was one of the best I've seen. Would have definitely won a world title but for his illness. R.I.P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

im very sad to hear that my thoughts and prayers are with his family
    Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilís

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Gutted =( Rode his missus during a mid session interval on numerous occasions [or so he claimed] what a nice fella, sad to see him go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Pighead wrote:
    Th ematch where he beat Ronnie in the Masters Final a couple of years back(10-9) was one of the best I've seen.

Agreed, i was just thinking about that match. Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

****! He was not only a fine player but one of the few who seemed to have any character and wit. I remember that final too. My mum will be sad (she liked him!).

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Just found out about this. Very very sorry to hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

what a shame indeed one so young with a great future in the game,next thing you know his gone very very sad.

R.I.P. paul you,ll always be rembered in the game,taughts at this moment go to his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

That's a desperate shame.. I was under the impression he was on the mend, it's a bit of a shock to hear he's passed away. Very talented player, I fully expected to see him take the World Championship at least once, and he also seemed to be a very likeable and humble guy. Rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Absolutely gutted. Can't believe he died. I hadn't realised the cancer had come back so strong. He was a fantastic player and will be remembered as such.

Earned my respect for the interval sessions with his wife!!

He'll be sadly missed. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Wow, I can't believe it, I knew he was sick with cancer but didn't realise how bad it gotten.
    Whats worse is he has a new born daughter :(

Really puts things into perspective.
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Looks like the hunter became the hunted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Very sad indeed. Only 27-didnt realise he was that badly ill.
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Terrible news, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Very surprised to hear of this, 27 is far too young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

This is very sad news.

One of the few characters left in an increasingly fading sport.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

hugh loss for the game, great ambassador and a wonderful player. will be greatly missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I honestly never knew he was sick!!! I couldnt believe it when I saw the name of the thread. Rest In Peace Paul. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

very suprising news, i suppose you allay any real thoughts he would have died when u see him playing as often as he was. r.i.p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I have to say I wasn't a great fan of his originally however he gained my total respect as he was extremely brave going out to play when he still receiving treatment. I fully expected him to pull though so it's a massive shock and a great loss. R.I.P.

My sentiments exactly. So few snooker players evoke any emotion these days, good or bad. A sad loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

V. sad. There will be a dark shadow over the snooker tour this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Very sad, interviewed him in City West a couple of years ago, was a gent.

Was only admitted to a hospice on Friday evening - a minutes silence to be held before all the play at the Spawell tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

knew he was sick but forgot about it then saw this thread. a shock

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Very sad to hear the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That's a real shock. Usually I don't give a fiddlers for dead celebs or sports stars but he definetly deserves acknowledgement.

RIP. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

thats terrible he seemed very genuine and humble in any interview i've seen.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 shady_dice

a great player who came across very well in interviews and it appears was as well liked amongst his peers as he was with his fans. a huge loss to the game. 27 years old with a baby daughter, really does put things in perspective. RIP

Advertisement