Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maggots in puppy puke???

Options
  • 09-10-2006 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

My pup just got sick and there are white maggot things in it. Does she just need to be wormed? Pretty worried about her! She seems fine, not agitated at all. Will it be ok to wait until the morning or should I try ring the vet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would get her to the vet, theres a lot of different types of worms and if they are in the puppys stomach it can't be too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Get her to a vet asap.
    As Ruu says, worms in puppys tummy, never a good thing, imagine what they might be doing to her innards. If nothing else, they are likely eating up the goodness in her food before she can process it.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

Hi Joejem,

Worms appearing in a puppy's vomit is actually quite common. He definitely needs to be wormed though! It's generally recommended that a puppy is wormed about every two weeks until 12 weeks of age then every four weeks until six months (depending on the brand of wormer used).

I wouldn't worry about him too much, especially as he seems in good health, but definitely pop into your vet for a check up and a worm dose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Let us know how you get on joejoem. I remember when my two were pups, the first sign of trouble I was convincing myself it was a sign of impending death...:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement