Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super 90

Options
  • 09-10-2006 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭

Curious, has anyone tried the pump/auto convertible super 90?
    Does this mean you can switch to pump after a failed eject and manually cycle it out or is it more complicated? can you switch it over on the fly at any point or only unloaded?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Yes have used it.You can use it as you described,but I personally find it a fiddly procedure.Plus what you describe is more like a shell not having enough impetus to cycle the action ,but enough to allow a new shell from the mag to come up and jam under the spent shell.Called a "short stroke "in pump actions.
    No switching will clear this.The idea of the pump/semi is for police /military to be able to use less leathl rounds with lower charges in pump action and leathl full power rounnds in semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I remember when my dad first bought the super90 that it wouldnt cycle clay cartridges but now that its been broke in its fine with them. I guess it would be handy for light loads like 24gr but gas operated semi's should handle these fine.

Advertisement