Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typically Gay...

Options
  • 09-10-2006 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm working on a comedy piece, need some help, overall public opinion etc....

What sterotyically is the gayest:

Beverage:
    Thing to wear:
    Music:
    Other:

I know they arnt typically gay, but could beach boys work for music??!?

Really need help with this... thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Comedy by committee. Because that always works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

i dont know any gay person that listens to the beach boys!!

Try Kylie, Gloria Gaynor, Madonna etc.

My best friend is gay but there is nothing typical about him so cant help ya there!

You do realise you will prob get a bollicking for sterotyping dont you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

[bollicking] Homophobe! [/bollicking]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Its put in a positive light.
    What do u mean about 'comedy by commitee'?

remember not about actually gay people, just sterotypically....

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

remember not about actually gay people, just sterotypically....

Funny **** man. You should write it down.

Edit - i cant spell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Really need help with this... thanks

Talent can only be proportioned out by God or the cosmos. I'm afraid God is a little pissed with us over the whole sodomy thing so you might be better off posting in the Christianity forum in order to get in touch with him. Some of our more spiritual posters could put you in touch with the cosmos, but I reckon it's too egoless to give a **** about your comedy show right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Clothes: those dunagrees with the flap on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Stark wrote:
    Talent can only be proportioned out by God or the cosmos. I'm afraid God is a little pissed with us over the whole sodomy thing so you might be better off posting in the Christianity forum in order to get in touch with him. Some of our more spiritual posters could put you in touch with the cosmos, but I reckon it's too egoless to give a **** about your comedy show right now.
    That's brilliant, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

*bangs head off desk*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Beverage:cocktails (Long island ice tea mmm) or vodka & diet mixer
    Thing to wear: abercombie , anything one size too small,
    Music: kylie, madonna,
    Other: silver psuedo wedding rings (shows we're committed but dont even bother taking off when cheating), dieting&weighing yourself everyday, "enjoying" rugby without understanding it , gettign all heated up over stereotypes, spending more on grooming than on food, some experience of hair removal . etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Beverage:
    Thing to wear: lots of shiny, glittery things with sequins
    Music: Anything at the Eurovision (apart from Lordi - who "stole it from the gays") YMCA,
    Other: Very Camp and Effeminate or the opposite very butch; Generally works as hairdressers or in fashion industry, use the word "fabulous" or "you go girl" a lot, loves watching the sex and the city, loves going shopping with a load of women (fag hags)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Really there is no one single sterotype for gay men and women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

limerick man? des bishop doing another ghetto show?:D

Beverage: smirnoff ice, blue WKD, etc.
    Thing to wear: tight, bright t-shirts
    Music: 'SHAKIRA SHAKIRA'
    Other: how should i know?

Holding hands with another guy. Such a stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Anal Sex is also quite funny, and is certainly something the majority of the gay population take part in.

I think limerick_man should stick a banana up his ass while fellating a monkey. Monkeys and bananas are funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Now theres a nightmare for tonights sleep when it comes! ;)

but,....
    Trinity1 wrote:
    i dont know any gay person that listens to the beach boys!!

Try Kylie, Gloria Gaynor, Madonna etc.

Oh c'mon!
    Dolly or Cher, maybe even cyndi lauper..... but KYLIE?!?! *vomit*

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is one particular kylie track ok she ain't no Siouxsie but still the song "confide in me".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Have sex with another guy on the stage. If that doesn't convince them that you are playing the part of a gay man, nothing will.

Stark wrote:
    I think limerick_man should stick a banana up his ass while fellating a monkey. Monkeys and bananas are funny.

I think Limerick_man might just about be young enough to find that comment totally - strange and unnecessary.

So much for the consideration of silent readers and younger folk so much spoken of in other threads.

Thaedyal : "Confide in me " is an excellent song alright,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So much for the consideration of silent readers and younger folk so much spoken of in other threads.

For the love of god shut up.

Stark: You the man, man:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Based on 'gay' people I know:
    The gayest beverage is beer.
    The gayest thing to wear is trousers
    The gayest music is poor quality chart music.

The gayest Other: Is falling in love with a man (if you are male), buying a swish apartment together decorating it really well and getting 2 little dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Why not just dress up and do the YMCA? With all the actions. And then get everyone to join in!! That would be so much fun...

LiouVille wrote:
    For the love of god shut up.

Is that something people have said to you so often you've internalised it and occasionally blurt out involuntarily ?

Limerick-man : good luck with the show - I hope your putting as much effort into school. :)

oh yea
    Other: them gays are prone to melodramatics ( see LiouVille's post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

fagus.jpg

I'm pretty sure thats all gays wear, no idea what they drink or listen to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

What about the closet gay ?????

Dress: like Daniel O'D, soft-look (at least 5 years out of date)

Music: anything Eurovision-like, trad. irish and of course Kyle

Drink: shandy or any soft drink (so that he don't a hard-on when he slyly checks out guys)

EDIT: Sounds sooo like all the straights I know !!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Beverage:
    Thing to wear:
    Music:
    Other:
    Beats me. Ask a bunch of homophobes, they always seem to have opinions on that kind of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Came across this today
    HAIR:
    Your hair must be spikey or of late one must use a GHD to straighten the hair ,fringe must be over one eye.

CLOTHES:
    You must wear a Tee shirt usually bought in Topman,or failing that a stripey top bought in H&M.
    You must wear jeans or combats that hang half way down your hips showing the particular brand of underwear you are wearing .
    CK's are so old fashion ,it's all Aussiebum now.
    You must wear a belt with the aforemention jeans or combats,this belt is of the studded variety .
    You must wear white runners only .

ACCESSORIES:
    Around you neck you must wear Rosary Beads and on your wrists an array of leather bracelets.

THE WALK:
    At all times you walk extremly fast ,taking small steps whilst keeping your gaze on the floor as you move.

TOILET:
    You dont use the empty urinals provided ,instead you que for 30 minutes to get into a cubicle.

THE DANCE:
    You must girate in front of your dancing partner,hips swaying and hands caressing your face.Lift left leg up girate hip and turn around ,your ass now facing your partner.Shake you ass and hips in partners crotch ,whilst again caressing your own face.
    Turn around and face your partner ,this time lift right leg up ,grab your face in your hands ,turn your head sideways ,leaving mouth open. Move hands down to caress you chest ,keeping eyes fixed on the floor.
    Turn around girate your ass in partners crotch and so on and so forth .
    This dance is performed all night long regardless of what song is being played by the DJ.

THE SPEAK:
    At all times you must use the following words or sentences ,"OOOOOOOOH MYYYYY GOOOOOD" ,"You bitch","I love your top ","Jeeesuss","Whatever"," Ooooooh I Love this song",

THE DRINK:
    You must drink ,vodka and red bull,preferably through a straw.

THE MUSIC:
    You must like ,Madonna,Kylie,Kelly Clarkson, Scissor Sisters

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I have to add...

THE RUN
    Like Steve Carrell in "Little Miss Sunshine" when he was racing to get to the beauty pageant - that was the gayest run, ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hey, I'm working on a comedy piece, need some help, overall public opinion etc....

Beverage: Wine
    Thing to wear: Pink tops
    Music: Something along the lines of Boyzone

The odd thing is, I know straight guys who like the above. Metro-sexuality, I think its called. There used to be staright and gay. No its all lumped together, and called fashion :p

Advertisement