Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drivers Licence out of date HELP

Options
  • 10-10-2006 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Oh sh1t!!! I've a driving test in the morning & I've just realised my licence expired last week! I've been waiting 6 months 4 this.

Does anybody know if I can get a renewal at the tax office 2moro?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

I think if you pay for your license tomorrow, the receipt would be enough.
    But I may be wrong.

Edit

Better to ask over in motors or good ole Ruu can move it there for you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved, I would assume you can renewal at the local motor tax office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

id say your screwed.... it took them 10 days to do my full one.. if you get down there reallly early and beg beg and beg they might do it within a day.. other wise youll be waiting till next year to do it again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

anto-t wrote:
    id say your screwed.... it took them 10 days to do my full one.. if you get down there reallly early and beg beg and beg they might do it within a day.. other wise youll be waiting till next year to do it again..
    But I think the receipt would be enough for the test.

Also bring your old license on the test too just to show them you had to get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

thanx lads. off 2 the tax office now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

BreadBoard wrote:
    But I think the receipt would be enough for the test.

Also bring your old license on the test too just to show them you had to get a new one.

Don't they take your old license though? Good luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

the receipt is not enough, pretty sure it states this on the checklist for the driving test

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A reciept isnt good enough.

The same way you have to have your tax , insurance and NCT disk on your car a reciept isnt good enough. You have to have the actual disks.

From DOT On-Line Driving Test

2. You must produce your current Irish provisional licence for your test category (Receipts are NOT sufficient). The driver tester will check the licence to establish that it relates to you, is current and is for the correct category of vehicle. If you are taking a motorcycle test ie Category A or A1 you must satisfy yourself that the vehicle presented for test is consistent with any restrictions denoted on the provisional licence. Please also note carefully the minimum vehicle requirements for the driving test as set out on the appointment letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Palladin

Just wing it and hope the tester doesn't notice, my mate tried it and got away with and went on to pass the test.Lets face it what have you got to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

sturgo wrote:
    Does anybody know if I can get a renewal at the tax office 2moro?
    They can have a license for you in 2 hours - but you have to push them.
    It basically comes down to whether they feel like co-operating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement