Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone Broadband- any good?

Options
  • 10-10-2006 4:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

Sorry about the tardiness but i just seen this topic and to answer your question they are the most useless shower of c*nts on the planet. They have been down for the last 3 or 4 weeks and cant give me a date as to when they'll be up and running again. Worst service ever. apparently they are upgrading as so the service will be more 'robust'. yeah fair f*cking robust alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

I have used this company, if you could call them that, there service is so bad you would not believe, extraordinary unprofessional and rude. The broadband the offer is no faster them dial up, they ignore any email you send to them, won't take your calls, made **** of my house when it came to installing, drilled holes in ceilings willy nilly and walked mud all over the carpets!

Take all the bad points of NTL, Eircom and Vodafone and roll them into one and you get Zonebroadband or Fastnet (depending on what name they use).

Don't touch them!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi Ziggy, I'm a poster on the other thread about ICE that you refer to, I had the same options as you, satellite or ICE. I would still rather have ICE than this company that you have mentioned, I am having issues with ICE but hopefully they are getting this issue resolved and they are making efforts to sort me out, when the service is bad, it's really bad, but I feel it will still be better than satellite, I am beginning to see improvements with my service, it's the reliability that drives me mad, as when its running right its perfect. I now can say that I have more good service than bad at the moment, I have attached a speedtest tonight for you to look at, the pings are a bit long but the speed is good, they just have an issue keeping it, but as you can see there is no perfect ISP.
    Is DSL not an option for you?
    223015972.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nes

God help us all. This is the only broadband solution that is open to us in this part of Kilkenny - without resoting to direct satellite for a stack of cash.

In early december they seemed really keen - came out to assess the place - were talking about having the system live in 2 weeks and now... nothing! They won't respond to calls, emails or texts to the sales guy's mobile.

This country's a joke - 2008 and no broadband... HELP!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zicom

Hi guys,
    I dont know if this helps as it depends on your location. I have internet from WTS Broadband and the level of service is great. OK I will let you know I work with them but not being bias! I work with them as they got broadband into my village of 1 pub and a handfull of spread out houses. No other company would bother! The odd outage when they were new in the area but settled down now and very stable. Yes it can fail but not failed now for over 6 months, and then back on-line within hours.
    I have added a speedtest to show the results of my 2mb up / 1mb down connection. If you are in east Limerick or west, south west Tipperary give them a look. WTS Broadband

speedtest.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Zicom wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I dont know if this helps as it depends on your location. I have internet from WTS Broadband and the level of service is great. OK I will let you know I work with them but not being bias! I work with them as they got broadband into my village of 1 pub and a handfull of spread out houses. No other company would bother! The odd outage when they were new in the area but settled down now and very stable. Yes it can fail but not failed now for over 6 months, and then back on-line within hours.
    I have added a speedtest to show the results of my 2mb up / 1mb down connection. If you are in east Limerick or west, south west Tipperary give them a look. WTS Broadband

speedtest.jpg
    I'm sorry WHAT? You bring up a topic that was started 2 years ago to pimp this company that you are obviously more involved with than you say and then post up a screenshot of a speedtest which is not only a dubious result for a 2mbit line but for the wrong company.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dragging up a 2 year old thread for this, no thanks
    die zombie thread, die!

Zicom you realize that your speed test results are for Smart Telecom and not WTS Broadband!

sigh,

Have a nice day,
    Cabaal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement