Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N10 closure this Thursday 12th to 31st October

Options
  • 10-10-2006 5:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

From thursday the 12th till the 31st the N10 will be closed from Danesfort to Stonyford. I would assume diversion will be via Kells for cars only. Trucks will go via the N9 and Thomastown.

Anyone got any more info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I read it on the paper- a measure of how crap this road is; they have to close it fully for resurfacing as it's f**kin narrow. Best bet is prob to Kells and on to Piltown perhaps; avoid it completely- shorter than going via Thomastown I'd say.
    Hopefully it'll be the roads last hurrah before it's finally replaced by dual-carriageway in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kilkennymusic

the road seemed ok this morning, was no real problems... anyone hear any more on this? diverting us on the drive from waterford or is it just a traffic light setup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It seems to be orangised very poorly. AA roadwatch are saying the road is closed divert via Thomastown but it is actually under a stop go system. There is no notices in Ballyhale telling ppl to divert. This morning I swung left in Stonyford and went via Kells. All the lemmings continued into the roadworks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

what time does the divert end at in the evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

8pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

I've been passing by at about 10am and again at around 7pm and haven't had any major delay

Advertisement