Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband not working

Options
  • 10-10-2006 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi,

Over the last few days my eircom broadband has stopped working for several hours at a time. I am connected fine to my wireless network but the router cannot access the internet anymore. I've done all the usual, resetting modem etc but it makes no difference. Is anyone else having a problem - based in Firhouse in Dublin? Not even going to bother calling eircom Tech support - haven't the energy to deal with their stupidity at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

A few things to check:

Most important is the DSL Sync light is on and NOT flashing.

If it is Flashing then there is a few things to check.

- Remove the splitter from the phone line and plug the phone cable directly into the main phone point and see if the sycn comes on.

- Try a different phone cable

Lemme know if this helps.

Is your Router a Netopia?
    If this doesn't work please reply with a list of lights that are on.

Regards,

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Thanks Quazzy. At work at the mo so can't check but DSL Sync light definitely not on at all. Same thing happened on Sunday but it came back of its own accord on Sunday evening. I'm using a Linksys router and have never had an issue with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

OK so...

When the DSL sync light goes off again please remove the DSL splitter from the phone line and just plug the phone cable directly into the socket.

If it still is not working you may need to ring eircon and check them to check if there is any faults in the area.

I used to work for eircom BB support. So they will always get you to try a few things before they can escalate a message so if you explain that you have tried the below items then the message should be passed on to the relevent ppl.

1) Check with another phone cable
    2) Check with and without the DSL splitter
    3) Check on the main phone point in the house - usually the hall.
    4) Hard Reset of Router

Regards,

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Thanks a million. Will let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

i've had the same issues all weekend and it seems to cut out every 20-30 min.
    As I'm not paying for the line I can't call Eircom :D (long story)
    any help you get please pass it on..

• Advertisement
Advertisement