Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test tomorrow

Options
  • 10-10-2006 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Any tips? What in your opinion are the most common downfalls?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kifi wrote:
    Any tips? What in your opinion are the most common downfalls?

Dont be nervous. Get a pretest in a go through all your bad habits so you can correct them in time.

Also drive plenty before the test

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kifi wrote:
    What in your opinion are the most common downfalls?
    Waiting until the day before your driving test before asking for advice on how to pass it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

I think the most common downfall is the failure to maintain progress. I got three strikes for this when I did my test (I think, and I think four is a fail?). It was the only thing I got marked down for and I really didn't think that I had done anything wrong. Talking to my pre-test instructor afterwards and he said that it is extremely common, especially among experienced drivers. I hadn't done it at all during my pre-test lessons but I think that sub-consciously I was over-compensating because of a worry of speeding and therefore not getting up to 30mph quickly enough. Sedate driving is not considered good driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

Eh Sorry Alun............how do you know how much I have already prepared for it?

With all due respect to the boards and it's members, I don't think here is the first port of call for advice.

A tip for you - think before you type.

Thanks to everyone else for their constructive replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kifi wrote:
    Eh Sorry Alun............how do you know how much I have already prepared for it?

With all due respect to the boards and it's members, I don't think here is the first port of call for advice.

A tip for you - think before you type.

Thanks to everyone else for their constructive replies.
    A tip for you too ... get a sense of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Trampas

My tip is make the tester feel safe in the car i.e. you are in control and not the car controlling you.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 manor15

Hi Kifi,

For help preparing for the driving test click on the following link for advice and tips: http://www.irishmotoring.ie/car/thedrivingtest.php

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I passed my test with a nearly clear sheet ( one green mark). But the thing I always tell people is that the tester is only looing for 2 things.

1) That you are fully aware of everything going on around you...back,front,left and right.

2) That you are fully in control of your car at all times

best of luck with your test!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kaiser1 wrote:
    I passed my test with a nearly clear sheet ( one green mark). But the thing I always tell people is that the tester is only looing for 2 things.

1) That you are fully aware of everything going on around you...back,front,left and right.

2) That you are fully in control of your car at all times

best of luck with your test!!!!!

May sound a bit simple but if you can do this you should be fine

Advertisement