Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Love Techno

• 10-10-2006 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Has anyone been over to ghent before for the I Love Techno Festival. I'm headin to the Dam for the first two days of the Amsterdam Dance Festival but I know the wonder's that the Dam holds. I'm completley in the dark about Belgium. Whats the setup like over there for it, are they liberal enough??:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I was over there last year. Had a great weekend but wasnt overly impressed with the festival. Belgium is an okay spot, grand and liberal. Was plenty on the line up for me, but just something I didnt like about it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dj pj

im goin this year i havent heard anything bad about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

I'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

The count down is on, just another few days of work and then I'm outta here. Hitting Sven Vath in Cocoon on the Friday nite which should set me up nicely for ghent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I keep meaning to go to this but always the case it clashes with something else,Ghent is a great place for a session as well.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Crimson...

Arghh.. Why didn't I find out about the Amsterdam Dance Festival before now, Booked my flights last week for 23rd of November for the Cannabis Cup, Would of wen't to the festival instead if I knew about it.

Well folks, whats the verdict? I had a brilliant time anyway, just small gripes with the sound level in some rooms. Very hot aswell in some parts. I shall return!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liamk

yep it was outstanding soulwax were my personal fav deffo headin back next year altho i flew into eindhoven and missed the flight home so i'll be flying home on the monday next year. place was well set up fairly chillaxed staff and really sound ppl all in all a good trip. anyone head to the after partys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

tought the hole weekend was class,the flanders expo is the best venue ive ever been to for a festival.quailty set up....loved the switch room!

deffo headin back next year,and will check out timewarp in march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Unfortunatly theres no sign of Pet Duo there who i spen the final hours of the morning at. Hard crazy madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Well I had a wicked trip. We managed to do six clubs in two nights which was pretty proud of, Went to PAradiso for the glimmers and a bit of justice then went to rain for a while before hitting escape for tom stephan & Laidback Luke on thursday.

Then friday went to 11 hoping to catch hystereo who were obviously well up the line up so missed them, popped into BG downstairs for a bit before heading to the Cocoon at sand party for sven and ricardo, the allnighter didnt really help energy levels for ILT. But James Holden did save the day.

Also checked out dj bars vanhuyzen and twisted in the dam, which were well cool. 11 is possibly the best club ive ever been in so if youre over in the dam go..... were on a mission to book dj yoda to play there, best visuals set up ive seen and a view over the whole city.

Eitherway ADE comes highly recommended, check it out next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

who's going this year?

6 of us going fo r the first time. we're flying into eindhoven on the Thursday, spending 2 nights there, then getting the train over to Gent around midday on saturday, probably hit a pub for a few hours then head down to it.
    back again on the train Sunday afternoon, flight back to dublin sunday evening.

anyone know how much the train is from eindhoven to gent? i saw somewhere that it's about 35 quid but can't find anything vaguely official or trustworthy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

heading down to this from A'dam. www.ns.nl should answer all train questions. Northern Belgium is pretty much an extension of the Netherlands, Southern Belgium of France, both regions have the pretty much the same drugs attitudes as their respective neighbours. In any case, i doubt anyone will have trouble finding anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

3 of us heading over, 3rd year in a row. going to stay in amsterdam as well this time and get train down to gent on the day of ILT.

decided to head the amsterdam first instead, left it too late getting flights so it's cheaper for us to fly to the dam, then get the train down on the day, then fly back from Brussels on sunday.
    can anyone tell me how long it takes to get back to Gent from the Expo? our flight back is at 10, so we need to be getting the train to Brussels around 6.30/7 i think.

decided to head the amsterdam first instead, left it too late getting flights so it's cheaper for us to fly to the dam, then get the train down on the day, then fly back from Brussels on sunday.
    can anyone tell me how long it takes to get back to Gent from the Expo? our flight back is at 10, so we need to be getting the train to Brussels around 6.30/7 i think.
    10 minutes roughly, there's a free tram from right outide to the train station

not too bad so, cheers. the only problem now will be keeping awake until we get to the airport!

Advertisement