Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smashingpumpkins.com update

• 10-10-2006 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

New logo/image. No new info unfortunately, but check it out:
    flag.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

OMG, they back big time. How i just wish for some info. I vote we keep this thread open and up for all Smashing Pumpkins related news and talk bout them. No need to open another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

BleakestH wrote:
    No new info unfortunately

Call me when there actually is some. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I don't know about you lot, but I really dislike the new logo. Pretty tacky, imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't know about you lot, but I really dislike the new logo. Pretty tacky, imho.

Agreed, would like to get a bit more of a timeframe on this new album or..anything at all really besides the large amount of rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭icklekinkykat

looks like a kid did it in class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Or this...

spfullfest12vf8fu3.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6010/spfullfest12vf8fu3.jpg

This has been floating around the internet for a couple of weeks. Could be real, could be fake. Who knows really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Well it beats the crap outta that other banner, anyway.
    I'm looking forward to this, though I do expect them to continue to be kinda past-it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Looks pretty cool actually. Can't wait for new album :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

I think i like the new logo because it reminds me of something from the SD days. hopefully the new album will rock the **** out of us all.

I like the poster that dead-air posted. It reminds ME of something out of Mellon-Collie era, when I was three/four years old and my favourite CD was written.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dont really care what the new logo is, once the cd is good, thats all that counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The first picture looks disturbingly similiar to american idiot... I hope Billy hasn't turned pro anti-bush (if you follow)

The first picture looks disturbingly similiar to american idiot... I hope Billy hasn't turned pro anti-bush (if you follow)
    I'd say that's pretty unlikely...I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Yeah, it does remind me also of 'American Idiot' or My Chemical Romances new concept 'The Black Parade'

Well billy is longer the sarcastic ass-hole we all know and love, now he's become all *shudders* catholic. Apparently it makes him happy, but I just warning you that this album is liable to be ANYTHING.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Billy's got a hard-on for emo-boys

SyxPak wrote:
    Billy's got a hard-on for emo-boys

You just take that back boy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Says the person who was barely an itch in their father's trowsers when the Pumpkins formed! :) I'll be interested to hear what they come up with. Took some time to get my head around the couple of previous releases, but I don't think they're bad albums at all. Siamese Dream will always be one of my favorite albums and I use it as a yard stick for a lot of music, so roll on the release of some music and lets not worry about posters :)

BTW, did many of you hear the Machina II stuff that got leaked onto the net about 5/6 years ago? Very hit and miss in places, overall good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Kharn wrote:
    BTW, did many of you hear the Machina II stuff that got leaked onto the net about 5/6 years ago? Very hit and miss in places, overall good though.

Yeah some really good songs and remixes in there. It didn't 'leak' though, the album was never on sale. Billy and co made 20 or 25 pressings of the album on vinyl and gave them to friends etc with the instruction to make it available on the net for free. Pretty cool gesture.

Machina II was pretty cool, although some of the songs were poor enough, there was enough really good material on there to comprise an album that would have been a lot better than Machina I.

Looks like Jimmy C is starting a Myspace blog soon: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=9685952&blogID=181641657&MyToken=cca392e3-3fe5-4c89-b3d1-e22613d22e69

• Advertisement
Advertisement