Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girl question

• 10-10-2006 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've been going out with a girl now for a little under 2 years, and i feel like we have already settled.. we now only make love about once or twice a month. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong. everything else is fine but i'm worried for the future.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

shes cheating on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I nearly had the same problem before.
    Sex with my Girlfriend was getting less and less frequent. How did I resolve the problem? I talked to her. She was just not in the mood at night because she was usually tired. We then made an effort to spice things up a little and it worked. Surprise your girlfriend with a romantic dinner or something nice and try to spice up your sex life by trying new things but most importantly - TALK TO HER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Had a similar problem a long time ago in a previous life. It was the end of the relationship, I just didn't want to acknowledge it.

...hope it works out for you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sit down and talk to her, ask her if there is something wrong. Just communicate with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 masterclass

Marry her !!, I had the same problem, got married and we've been like rabbits since !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Sometimes after the smurf s*x period (at it til you are blue in the face), things can quieten down as the hormone levels return back to normal... that is the time when somethnig deeper and bonding develops.

if you feel that the bonding and closeness is there..which it appears from your post it is, then what you need to to is examine if you have become overfamiliar or got into a routine. Which will involve communication and may highlight what is the cause of the issue

In breaking the routine ... reconnect and rediscover your partner and her you... some excellent advised has been given about spicing up, weekends away, little sutprises and hints.
    but go back to basics... kissing, holding, hugging. Massage, learn to touch and rediscover. Recall what you did when you first started dating and go back to it... but learn new things as well. You know each other better now.. so in going on dates again and making love again..try small new things. make time for each other..set a night aside or two nights.. learn to play again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well women dont have the same sex drive as men also. It could be her lower libido that is the problem rather than an issue with your rel'nship.
    I mean she is probably tired frequently, but you should talk to her about it if it is bothering you. Plus once you are talking about a relationship in terms of years the sex ebbs and flows, sometimes none, sometimes tonnes. Book yerselves a night or two in a nice hotel for a cheap midweek break. You will be surprised about how little things like this can turn around such a situation. I wouldn't worry about it. They're strange creatures, women.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Well women dont have the same sex drive as men also. It could be her lower libido that is the problem rather than an issue with your rel'nship.
    All women are not the same, nor are all men. We are unique individuals with different needs and drives.

OP: It would seem that you have settled into a routine? Start breaking the routine. Try to recapture playfulness in your relationship. And a little romance, too, can go a long way to get the fires going again.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

All women are not the same, nor are all men. We are unique individuals with different needs and drives.

Yes but on average men have a higher sex drive than women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Yes but on average men have a higher sex drive than women.

Perhaps "generally" would be more accurate than "on average". Isnt there a gneral increase in testosterone in women these days hiking the "average" sex drive for females?

OP- at two years, I would still be banging away like a smurf but at the end of the day its up to you to figure out whether its good for you or not.

I take the fact that you posted that you are feeling that it is not a good situation to be in so rather than ask a bunch of strangers for advice, why not broach the topic with your GF? Ask yourself the question as well whether you want to be banging away four times a week.

K-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I agree with Kell. Communicate. Talk to your gf about this issue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hid somewhere and pounce on her...get her to go out with no panties...if that doesn't work check her phone for a secret lover :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

just get married, you,ll never need to have sex again, and you have a free cook,cleaner,housekeeper,
    ok i,m joking.the sex is the first thing to go when the relationship falters, maybe shes bored or has a low sex drive or is just lazy.get a book ,eg how to live together for the rest of your life, tells you how to keep sex exciting, by irish author, look in easons sex\health section.sit down talk about it, sunday,when shes not tired or busy.

Advertisement