Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL Server DTS question

Options
  • 10-10-2006 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a DTS package thats using an 'execute SQL task' to call a stored procedure, I've set the stored procedure to return an output parameter, if it's 9 for example, I'd like to set that stage of the DTS to fail so that the workflow goes on a different route.
    I've tried using raiseError, but this just throws up a message box on the DTS screen,as opposed to making the DTS think theres a failure. could anyone point me in the way of some information on this, I've googled to no avail. I guess what I'm looking for is a way to set the outcome of a 'execute SQL task' to 'failure'.

cheers and thanks
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

I dont know if this is the best way to do it but one possible way would be to use an ActiveX xtep instead and open a connection to the DB and execute the stored proc from that, then based on the return exit the job with Failure.

Im not sure you can exit the DTS package with Failure from an SQL query unless you get it to run a piece of invalid SQL.

Advertisement