Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kedco Weed Pellet Boilers?

Options
  • 10-10-2006 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Are they any good?

They are resonably priced so seem like a good option, but I've read that some folks have had trouble with certain types of boilers.

Also, I live in a semi detached 4 bed house. Will I get the saving with a pellet boiler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Alan, a mate of mine has just taken the franchise to supply & install the Kedco wood pellet burner. He was over the other day and installed one in my next door neighbours house. They are relatively new in this country, but they are claiming a min of 30% saving over oil/gas. Next door neighbour has a 4 bed semi and has converted from gas. If you have oil, I would say to leave it there and install the WPB in parallel to it, in case of emergency, unless you need the space where the oil tank is.

His name is John Reddy and he is based in Kilcock. He is the Kildare rep, but even if you are outside Kildare he can put you in touch with the rep in your area. His number is 086 8119604. Tell him Tom sent you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kerprop

right guys really need some answers and advice. we have tried to get some answers re the kedco wood chip boilers but there are really opposing opinions and we still dont know what to do. is back burn a fire hazard with the kedco boilers? are they worth the money or would we be better sticking with a good oil boiler? we are building a 3500 sq/f house with underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs. will a 30kw kedco be enough? the plumbing suppliers are all screaming 'no no no' yet our friend has just bought the franchise for kedco in the north of ireland and is singing its praises. is there still a prob with wood pellet supply? other option is to install both! my husband is plumber so has tendancy to believe the suppliers he has been using for years, i however would be interested in the savings they claim to offer! whats the real crack?

Advertisement