Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Our president

• 10-10-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭

David Blood the FAI president whom I must admit I had never heard of was on morning Ireland making some statements that explains the current mess. The jist of what he said was he was standing by Stan and Delaney he thinks Stan can do a great job for Ireland and that the fans weren't too upset by the performance. He said it was just one of those nights things didn't run well for the lads and on another night they would have got the rub of the green. In fairness the interviewer didn't let him away with it, but the guy sounded like he hadn't a clue how people felt about it, it was just a bad day sure things aren't that bad kind of an attitude. Did anyone else hear it? Can't find a link. It sounds like they can't afford to pay Stan off. I think the FAI are going to be in for a rude awakening on Wednesday night unless the team starts well, also how are they gonna fill Croke Park if we keep playing crap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Heard sections of this on FM104 this morning, sounded like a complete a hole to be honest and hadnt a clue what he was talking about. Attitude of "ahh sure it will be all right because we got trashed by a crap team because the ball didnt fall the right way:confused: "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1010/stauntons2.html

Looks like they're fully behing 'their' man.

he has a back-up team that are highly supportive and skilled

Is he kidding??? skilled in been pure gobsh*ts!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

it really sums up this country on a whole, never mind talking about the FAI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Patmac,

I agree with you, what a load of crap that is.

but to answer your question about filling up Croker, they'll have difficulty. Loads of people probably will go for the Wales game purely for the historical aspect of it, but the other games won't get the same crowds unless they're sold as a block for the 4 games. Then the FAI won't care as they'll have the money anyway. Not that I agree with it, but I think it's the only way they could possibly sell out Croker.

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote:
    it really sums up this country on a whole, never mind talking about the FAI

Wat you mean sums up this country? I know I work hard everyday and if I acted the way Stan or half the spanners in the FAI I would be on the dole queue very quick!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Heard it alright this morning on Morning Ireland. John Kenny was the interviewer and he really did not let him away with the guff he was talking.
    Blood was in a total state of denial, it was sad really.

According to their website http://www.rte.ie/news/ Morning ireland is availabe for Podcast. The interview was during the sports news at around 8.35am, which would have been 1hr 35min into the show.
    Well worth a listen, I look forward to similar s**t later in the week after our defeat to the Czechs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Big Nelly wrote:
    I know I work hard everyday
    Except for the times when you're on Boards.ie of course.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Big Nelly wrote:
    Wat you mean sums up this country? I know I work hard everyday and if I acted the way Stan or half the spanners in the FAI I would be on the dole queue very quick!!!

are you sure you dont work at the FAI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1010/stauntons2.html

What an utter load of codswallop

It looks like it will be left to the people to force him out and so it will be:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Maybe if irish fans organised a boycott of all FAI organised events/merchandise etc untill there is complete reform of the organisation. We could still support the team (down the pub or at home) but don't give the disorganised inept cretins in the fai a penny more to waste on crap managers, trips for the blazers etc.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Except for the times when you're on Boards.ie of course.....

its called a conf call:p
    are you sure you dont work at the FAI?

Postman gone yet?

Advertisement