Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opinions wanted on outfit for wedding

• 10-10-2006 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all

i bought a copy of a roland mouret galaxy dress on ebay lasy nite for a wedding im heading to in a month. my question is my accessories should i put with it.

the dress is really fitted, knee lenght with a slight slit up the back. square neck with tiny little capped sleeves and its grey.

should i wear a red waist belt and red stilettos with it and then a little black cardigan and a clutch bag or should i go more understated- black stilettos, black cardi and a clutch bag- im thinking a leopard skin print one

whilst on the subject does any1 know where i could get a leopard skin clutch

any opinions on the above welcomed

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Can you attach a picture of the dress it sounds nice!?

If the black in the shoes matches the cardigan, which will both match the clutch then it sounds to be a good comb. That is what I would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭catherine22

hopefully a picture of the dress is attached, its not exactly the same one as mine ie from topshop, this is the actual designer one but mine is the same shape only in grey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Sounds lovely, that dress is beautiful. But I wouldn't go for
    a leopard skin clutch imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Yes I have a copy of that dress too- its great for all occasions!
    I would go with the red shoes and clutch-it brightens up the grey, i think that black would be too dull with grey- nice, but dull for a wedding! And red is better for the christmassy time of year!
    A gold or silver shoe would be a good option too, but be careful what type you go for because some of them can look very cheap and tacky! instead of a cardigan perhaps go for a wrap or a shawl? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

That dress is a very elegant one so I'd a) stay well well well away from an animal print clutch:eek: and b) keep the accessories to a minimum. The red shoes would be good with the dress and like Donegal Lass suggested think maybe about a wrap rather than a cardigan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I think the red stilettoes and red waist belt combo sounds really nice and goes particularly well with that style of dress. I wouldn't go for a leopard print clutch with that outfit but since you asked you can get them in Topshop, River Island and Ms. Selfridges;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭catherine22

thanks for the advice, i think i will definitetly try the dress with the red shoes and belt and then take it from there

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Has to be red shoes and belt,some nice tan tights(falke if you can get them)and maybe a dark grey cardi for the shoulders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GAA widow

i'd go with red to accessorise - really great with charcoal grey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

I'd probably go for the red accessorys.Please post a pic when you do decide what your going to wear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd go with the red. Grey and leopard print don't really go imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

pics please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I agree with the others that say to stay away from a leopard print bag, it's far too tacky and common looking for a wedding, and your dress is so beautiful and elegant that the bag wouldn't do it justice. Red stilettos and belt perhaps with a red clutch would look very nice, it's give a different twist on this season's red-and-black theme that's everywhere if you mix red with grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

love these dresses - dont ruin the neck line with a cardigan!!
    Personally Id go for a black belt, shoes and back and a black pashmina if you are cold or go for a red belt, shoes & bag and a black pashmina. Stay away from the leopard print the dress is too classy for that. Jewellery wise id go for something simple in a round shpe to give a bit of contrast to the square shape of the neck.
    whatever you decide im sure it will look great!as for whoever meantioned tights - yuck!! hate the things. get some lancome leg gel on your legs its not too cold out yet you will be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

p.s. lovely red stillettos with closed pointed toes and a red bow in new look at the moment for €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I think a nice matt red would be nice to accessorise or a patent black belt and patent black round-toe Christian Louboutin style heels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Caitin

Have you considered minimal silver accessories? It's quite late in the year and so you could get away with something a little more exciting than usual. Perhaps a jewelled silver clutch with matching shoes and nothing else?

I personally wouldn't be inclined to add a belt or anything of that nature, and I probably would tend to shy away from heavy jewellery and try to make a discreet statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

A dress like that doesn't need a belt - why would you choose a dress based on its simplicity and then fuss it up with a belt? And imo, red + black/grey is the second tackiest colour combination in the world, second only to black + neon colours.

If you must go for a splash of colour with the dress, why not go for something in a jewel tone - very fashionable this season, and colours like a vibrant wine or green go very well charcoal grey. Another alternative is lavendar or a deep purple.

I've rarely seen red closed toe stilettoes worn well with a skirt. It would be a far, far classier statement to go with a black shoe, or if that's too dull, go with a jewel toned shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

Don't wear the red belt - unless you want to look like this:
    http://195.20.14.201/0/12/99/63/image3/ga.jpg

I LOVE leopard print but not sure if it would go with grey, and might not be really suitable for a wedding. I agree with the previous poster, something in a nice seasonal jewel colour would be much better than red or black.

Advertisement