Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 customer care strikes again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

^ - isn't that defined as theft??? Taking money without rendering services...

Meteor people are quite nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Why dont you all do what I did , write into Comreg and ask them to file a formal complaint !!! The more that they get Comreg will see that Three are not the company they try to portray themselves as!!!

Better still when their Dublin store opens takea day off on the opening day and protest outside it with at least 20 others !!!! That would get good media attention . Say you will stop protesting when you get the unlock codes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

well i finally have my k610i. now hopefully i won't have to wait a month for the unlock code like last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well done for finally getting it out of them, but I have to say it's disgraceful how they're acting.
    I'm amazed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Dellas wrote:
    Why dont you all do what I did , write into Comreg and ask them to file a formal complaint !!! The more that they get Comreg will see that Three are not the company they try to portray themselves as!!!

Better still when their Dublin store opens takea day off on the opening day and protest outside it with at least 20 others !!!! That would get good media attention . Say you will stop protesting when you get the unlock codes
    dont bother with comreg they are the most useless bunch of people
    look at the broadband situation in this country sure
    its because of them doing nothing that eircom have such a monoply

• Advertisement

i was told on saturday that i'd have the unlock code today. now i'm being told 5 days. its not over yet

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm really not looking forward to when my contract is up, I had hoped to stay with Three as I've been happy with my year with them but if they pull this crap when I want my 6680 unlocked then I'm going to move to Meteor....which I'd rather not do! :confused:

Cabaal wrote:
    I'm really not looking forward to when my contract is up, I had hoped to stay with Three as I've been happy with my year with them but if they pull this crap when I want my 6680 unlocked then I'm going to move to Meteor....which I'd rather not do! :confused:
    i can guarantee you 100% that you will never get your 6680 unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

I concur on that.

It's quite strange also that in 3's T & S it is acknowledged that the handset that is supplied at a point one signs a contract is supplied via the manufacturer and not through 3 and thus 3 have no rights to the handset. However, 3 then cite that the handset is restricted through them. So, 3 whilst admitting no right to the handset, block a user from using the handset with ANY other SIM card. How nice.

I'm not sure if this issue has been mentioned, but has anyone directly contacted Nokia about getting the unlocking codes and explained about 3 unethical customer services practices on the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

I concur on that.

It's quite strange also that in 3's T & S it is acknowledged that the handset that is supplied at a point one signs a contract is supplied via the manufacturer and not through 3 and thus 3 have no rights to the handset. However, 3 then cite that the handset is restricted through them. So, 3 whilst admitting no right to the handset, block a user from using the handset with ANY other SIM card. How nice.

I'm not sure if this issue has been mentioned, but has anyone directly contacted Nokia about getting the unlocking codes and explained about 3 unethical customer services practices on the issue?

nokia will refer you to three as three requested the lock to be put on the fone. .. i am still waiting for my unlock code for my 6680 phone. i paid the 25 euros admin fee months ago and three cant tell me when they will have an unlock code..... they say im on a list.

again, like many other customers, i am totally frustrated by the service that i got from three, waiting months and months and being messed around... what can be done about these crowd?

• Advertisement

i did. they told me to contact 3

i called today and got the guy who was supposed to give me the code yesterday but swapped shifts with someone else. he told me there had been some mix up yesterday and....wait for it..........i got the unlock code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111one

somebody break out the champagne! i couldn't have done this alone. i'd like to thank EIN, and Cabaal and nielled and Jesus and everyone who posted in this thread of course the 3 network, without whom none of this would have been possible. take a bow, 3

I called Three and as my contract ended in August I asked them to send me a 3 Pay SIM card then at least I can use it as 3PAY or give it to a mate. I cant be bothered going through the unlock hassle . Im still waiting for my 3Pay SIM card that they promised me,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Would that unlock code work on every 6680. My contract ended in august but i have no money at the moment to upgrade or change network

No I dont think it would, but you could try it once and if it didnt work then youd know. Commander would have to be willing to release it though .

plonk wrote:
    Would that unlock code work on every 6680. My contract ended in august but i have no money at the moment to upgrade or change network
    i didn't get an unlock code for the 6680, i got the code for the sony ericsson phone they replaced it with

and even if it was for the 6680, it wouldn't work because the imei (phone serial number) is used to calculate the code. its unique to that handset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Cheers im dreading the thought of going into them and trying to get an unlock code. The only reason im with 3 is the cheap bills 34 a month for 200 mins and 100 texts well thats what i average.
    Im a student and cant really afford anything else.

plonk wrote:
    Cheers im dreading the thought of going into them and trying to get an unlock code. The only reason im with 3 is the cheap bills 34 a month for 200 mins and 100 texts well thats what i average.
    Im a student and cant really afford anything else.
    what do you mean by going into them? there's no point going into the shop you bought it from because they'll just ring the network. you might as well just cut out the middle man and ring them yourself

this thread has been viewed over 1000 times. i hope it makes 3 think twice about screwing people over. or maybe even 3 times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I have to agree Commander, 3 have really lost the plot. I am a very patient person, and I am tolerant to the fact that 3 are new and are bound to feck up now and then, get things half assed etc. But Its been a year, they called me, texted me twice and even sent me a letter telling me I can upgrade to a new handset, but they still dont have the Unlock codes. If I remember tomorrow I will ring them again.

Of course, such codes are pointless for me right now as they dont have the N73 that I want, so until I get my new handset, I wont be getting my old one unlocked.

Heres a bet for you, which is going to happen first, The N73 coming out before Novemeber, or me getting the unlock code for the 6680?

Of course, I still give the custome care reps the benifit of the doubt, they are pretty much in the dark about things, so its best to just ask for a manager if they dont have the information you want, ie when they politely tell you that they cant help you.

• Advertisement

this thread has been viewed over 1000 times. i hope it makes 3 think twice about screwing people over. or maybe even 3 times :)

Hmm I wish you were right but they are a mafia type operation and dont really care what we think!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

good man vimes

now to get it flashed with generic firmware and you're finally free...

edit: oh wait sorry, thought they had actually given you code for the 6680...

HavoK wrote:
    good man vimes

now to get it flashed with generic firmware and you're finally free...

edit: oh wait sorry, thought they had actually given you code for the 6680...
    oh no, we're never getting those codes. they managed to crack the human genome but that's just too difficult

Well, I called them this morning again. I was advised over a week ago someone would be in contact with me, but no, that was just too much like good customer service for them.

Nevertheless, got on the phone and complained, in the initial instance about the customer care, but then after that made points about their unlock code process, quoted their terms and service (making the point I made earlier on up this thread) and argued and argued and argued and argued :D They offered me an alternate handset to which I declined. I wanted to use the fone I bought as I saw fit.

In the end, we came to an agreement that since I no longer wanted to be a 3 customer and believed I was dupped into a false service (and had previously sent them a letter from my solicitor), and they obviously didn't want a "difficult and awkward customer" as they called me, that we'd go out seperate ways without termination charges being incurred. I was content with that. So, positive outcome.

Well, I called them this morning again. I was advised over a week ago someone would be in contact with me, but no, that was just too much like good customer service for them.

Nevertheless, got on the phone and complained, in the initial instance about the customer care, but then after that made points about their unlock code process, quoted their terms and service (making the point I made earlier on up this thread) and argued and argued and argued and argued :D They offered me an alternate handset to which I declined. I wanted to use the fone I bought as I saw fit.

In the end, we came to an agreement that since I no longer wanted to be a 3 customer and believed I was dupped into a false service (and had previously sent them a letter from my solicitor), and they obviously didn't want a "difficult and awkward customer" as they called me, that we'd go out seperate ways without termination charges being incurred. I was content with that. So, positive outcome.
    excellent :D did they actually call you difficult and awkward?

Yup that they did! I didn't take much insult to it as I was purposely being awkward and difficult to annoy them and torment them as much as they have done to me over the last few weeks :D lol Nevertheless, still some pretty ****ty customer "care" going on there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Tough love perhaps? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hi all, I know a way to get three to unlock any phone.

I've been running my 3 branded k800i on the Meteor network for the past couple of weeks now. Was also able to debrand it, biut did that myself.

Bluefoam wrote:
    Hi all, I know a way to get three to unlock any phone.

I've been running my 3 branded k800i on the Meteor network for the past couple of weeks now. Was also able to debrand it, biut did that myself.
    they've admitted to being able to unlock a k800. its just the 6280, 6680, n70, n80 and 6233 they won't unlock. do you know how to make them unlock those phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

They have the ability to unlock any phone.

Yes, I know how to get them unlocked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement