Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of rock musicsian are you?

Options
  • 10-10-2006 12:48pm

This is eerily accurate. Turntables gotta count as a weird instrument!!

http://www.stoatmusic.com/quiz/

My result:
    Weird instrument player
    e.g. saw, flugelhorn, accordian or something home-made

You're an oddball, and you don't give a ****. With only a very few close friends but lots of acquaintances, you tend to flit from one band to another. People are fascinated by you without ever understanding you, but you're self-reliant enough that it doesn't bother you in the slightest. Spectacularly successful with the opposite sex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Piano

Sophisticated, probably classically-trained and maybe even with a secret interest in jazz, you don't really belong in a rock band ... but here you are! You don't quite fit in with the people you associate with, but you enjoy slumming it, wowing the rest of the band with your sharp wit and unwavering success with members of the opposite sex.

I play guitar:(

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Singer
    Type A: classic
    Can you sing? Doesn't matter. You’ve got IT, that undefinable quality (that some might unkindly call ego) that makes the classic rock'n'roll singer. You thrive on drama and emotional fireworks - your band might whinge about your strutting and your tantrums, but really they're just jealous of all the attention you get.
    Well I am sexay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Guitar
    Type B: classic
    You're not afraid of hard work and you have a sense of adventure. Sometimes you think you'd like to be a singer, but you're reluctant to allow anyone else take over your role. No-one, you believe, could do as good a job. You’re probably right. You have a highly-strung side which means you're subject to occasional freakouts, but you mostly keep it under control, and by and large you're pretty down-to-earth. You have a big nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Bassplayer

There's something mystical about a true natural bassplayer. No one can say quite what you bring to the party, only that it would be a pretty lousy party without it. Likely to be the most unobtrusive member of the band - not shy, but lacking the lust for attention that characterises many of the others. You lead without seeming too, and you’re probably the only member of the band who comes close to understanding the drummer.

:D It got me right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Messer

You play a variety of instruments poorly. One note bass, two chord guitar, maracas ... not fond of any kind of work, such as learning to play your instrument or even practising with the band, you make up for this with an ability to get along with just about anyone. Often the life and soul of the band, you're never bitchy and often turn out the be the peacemaker. By some strange universal law, you're the most likely of rock musicians to hit the Big Time. Yours is, without doubt, the most sensible approach to rock'n'roll.

Not a musician so seems accurate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

AGH ****ing scary it came up singer (which i am) and in the description it said that i have my sleeves over my hands and i read this just after pulling my sleeves over my hands which i do constantly... freaky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Weird. I play bass and I got...

Bassplayer

There's something mystical about a true natural bassplayer. No one can say quite what you bring to the party, only that it would be a pretty lousy party without it. Likely to be the most unobtrusive member of the band - not shy, but lacking the lust for attention that characterises many of the others. You lead without seeming too, and you’re probably the only member of the band who comes close to understanding the drummer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Singer:
    Type B

Your hair is down over your eyes, your sleeves are covering your hands, you favour dark colours ... but it's not that you're really an introvert, this is just your reaction to the fact that the world is a bleak and cruel place. Despite a tendency towards sarcasm and even abrasiveness, you're really a senstive and caring person, and your drive to sing comes from a genuine need to reach out to people.

This is unusual - I've been told that I'm usually thr exact opposite to this. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Drummer

You don't want to **** around, you just want to BEAT THINGS. Very very hard. Your inarticulate exterior conceals an inner core of neanderthal rage. Some drummer sub-types demonstrate an appreciation of such things as fluffy clouds and cute puppies - if you don't, you better find yourself a band soon before you land yourself in jail.

LOL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

prospect wrote:
    LOL :)
    I a drummer too.... Interesting that cos i used in fact play the drums once upon a time.

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

:D:D Inner rage..yes! i do have that at times and yes there are things, people i would love to beat..lol

Anyone need a drummer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

I play guitar like a Polar Bear wearing a miniskirt

Advertisement