Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insect infestation

Options
  • 10-10-2006 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

what forum do i post in if i wanna ask a question about my landlord and my tenant rights

Dont wanna get banned by posting in the wrong place

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH. I think here is the right place, ask away. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

hi- i am living in a flat that is on the very top of the building- it is an attic apt so my windows lead directly on to the roof- for the last 2 weeks my flats been infested with bluebottles- i cant open the window to air out the place without 20+ of them coming in.I think their may be a nest outside my window - will my landlord have to sort this or will i?

And IF she does have to sort it out- but theres no nest will i have to pay seen as it was my mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

hi- i am living in a flat that is on the very top of the building- it is an attic apt so my windows lead directly on to the roof- for the last 2 weeks my flats been infested with bluebottles- i cant open the window to air out the place without 20+ of them coming in.I think their may be a nest outside my window - will my landlord have to sort this or will i?And IF she does have to sort it out- but theres no nest will i have to pay seen as it was my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Just a quick one, flies don't have nests. They have no fixed abode as such they 'sleep' whereever they are come the end of the day. Chances are there is some decaying animal or vegetation outside your window.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Bluebottles lay their eggs on dead carcases - perhaps a bird or rodent. The eggs hatch to maggots which consume the carcase, then after pupation the adult flies emerge. If possible locate and remove any such carcase. Either allow the flies to escape or, indoors, use a fly spray to kill them.

So, best bet - get a good spray fly killer ... and use it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Good info PaulW. If you're on a top floor apartment OP, then it's likely that a bird or some other animal has died on the roof of the building. If there's a management company, it may be up to them to sort it out.

Advertisement