Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Query

Options
  • 10-10-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Gentlemen,
    May I ask a question please. Perhaps somebody might be able to help.

Does anyone know any shop in Cork where I might be able to buy a computer MINUS the monitor ....... with an appropriate reduction in price. ( I have two spare monitors.) I am in the market for an entry-level, low-spec machine --no DVD/RW etc required.

Dell can sell me a PC without the monitor but the price reduction for no monitor is only FIVE euro!!! Not the deal of the century!

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful.

Thanks and regards.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Buying a computer in a shop is like flushing money down the toilet; buying one in a shop in Cork is like burning it first. Try Komplett and Elara. Also try the Dell Outlet, where all machines come standalone, and the Outlet eBay store where you can pick up some great bargains with very slight damage.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Dell outlet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I was going to suggest that, but they will rip you off something rotten considering you're talking about second hand machines with a low spec...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Thanks Adam and Rymus for that. Excellent. Dell Outlet looks a likely source for my wants. I never knew such a service existed. Thanks again. I'll be having an in-depth look at Komplett and Elara tomorrow. However, the Ebay Dell site shows "0 options in this category! Anyway, I'm not sure that I would want to get involved in an auction.

Fysh and Scientist ............ I'm sorry mates -- I should have made myself clearer. It is a NEW machine that I want to buy. But low spec and minus the monitor -- like a Celeron with 256 RAM and around 40/80 HD will do. Not 2nd-hand.

Thanks to all again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Dell Outlet eBay auctions are infrequent and very quick, they run for just a few hours every week or two. My advice is to add the store/seller to your favourites and subscribe to their item newsletter.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Thank you for that, Adam. Nah, I'll steer away from the auction ...... too infrequent and anyway I'm not sure that I have the technical nous or savvy to successfully bid.

Had a good look at Komplett and Elara, but, it strikes me that even the lowest priced kits are just too high-end and high-ticket for my needs. Lowest price is around the 500 euro mark for stuff I don't need. It seems that Dell Outlet store is the way to go. A basic Celeron machine without monitor for 300 euro.

Another Boards.ie member is offering a 2nd-hand Celeron 256RAM machine for 150 euro which seems a good proposition but he is in Dublin :mad: . Maybe putting a Wanted ad on Boards might be a good idea, you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

try budget office supplies beside the garda station on anglesea street.

good value for a shop.

Advertisement