Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military intervention in Iran

Options
  • 10-10-2006 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Granted North Korea was been making the headlines with its missile testing but also ever looming is Iran. I think the US will have to take military action against them sometime within the next 5 years, thats if the situation remains on its present course. What to people think about another US adventure in the middle east?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I think this was already well debated here previously.There's no way the US would benefit from a military action against Iran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

If Iran is a "world problem" perhaps it's time the rest of the world assists with their blood and treasure as well. The neck of the US is stuck out far enough with Iraq and Afghanistan. Coalition anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The fact of the matter is that Iran is not a threat to the rest of the world. they have a relatively liberal society compared to the rest of the middle east. the Iranians are persians and quite different to their neighbours. They have a young population who are not entirely in step with their religious overlords. Really the race is on for a peaceful changeover before the ayoltallahs do posess a bomb. No need for a military intervention - I don't think anyone would support such a move.

Ironically the west had an opportunity to deal with a moderate Iranian leader before the incumbent and didn't.

the bigger threat is Pakistan not Iran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

Havel wrote:
    I think the US will have to take military action against them sometime within the next 5 years, thats if the situation remains on its present course.

They don't have five years. And military intervention is pretty much out of the question.
    BrianD wrote:
    .... they have a relatively liberal society compared to the rest of the middle east...

Liberal? They hang homosexuals. What's liberal about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Havel

And military intervention is pretty much out of the question.

Its not really out of the question. The US navy is already playing Iranian war game scenarios.

• Advertisement
Advertisement