Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So has Anyone been Upgraded to Ibb 3mb yet???

Options
  • 10-10-2006 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

So has anyone on ibb breeze 2mb been upgraded to 3mb yet?? If people remember a thread a few weeks ago about this someone had rang ibb and was told that everyone would be upgraded in a few weeks..So has anyone been upgraded yet??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

I rang them about ten days ago [can't remember exactly what day] and they quoted "a couple of weeks".

Still on the old 2Mb in North Wicklow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kieranbass

wonder has this got anything to do with IBB being down for a few hours last night? Because if it has it's halved my speed instead of upping it! Got home last night around 7, no broadband connection so did all the usual connectivity tests but no luck. Rang support, automated message about a total loss of service in Cork. Checked again around 10 and broadband was back. Did the speed test on Hoki.com (same as the one on Irishisptest - wonder who owns that nifty little prog?) and d/l speeds are around 400kb/s, before the outage last night I was getting between 8-900kb/s with the same test.

Have had a few outages with IBB some scheduled but more often not. It's disappointing not having a reliable service for both surfing and downloading and I would like to switch providers but IBB are cheapest for my situation at the moment.

So how many people were affected by the outage last night?

My connection has noticeably slowed down in the past few days, didnt realise that they were in the middle of upgrading 2mb to 3mb. I kinda wish they would leave me with the 2mb. I have a sneaking suspicion that the connection will go to poo with this "upgrade".

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

Any further news on this?

Has anyone been upgraded yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cbmkid07

As i understand it, most of the business connections are done, they are now working on the resi ones. They have hundreds of highsites and over 30k customers so its not a quick process. Last i heard it will be likely Jan-Feb 07 before all customers are fully upgraded. They are also doing lots of work on their network which should increase both speed and resillience. They have to become a carrier class ISP if they are going to make it with the competition. :) Normally calling them at 11:30 in the mornings, you always get through very quickly so just ask their sales/support agents what the timings are. Call them on 1890564456

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

10s of high sites not 100s of them and stop pimping your employer please cbmkid, even if they have gotten their act together somewhat of late.

why did you bring back a thread from nearly 2 months ago??? there have been a few other threads on this since then. And i have been upgraded to 3mb... its nice getting 2.80Mbps in the speedtest:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

he was probably told to , mind you I did suggest unstickying the stick on IBB a few weeks back and will further suggest stickying one on NTL in its place any day now:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Shouldn't there be some requirement that someone who works for IBB be required to state it in their post or have it in their signature or something along those lines.

I don't like the idea of employees supporting their companies on the forum without stating who they are. There should be a rule against it and if there is then the use should be banned.

How can we trust comments here if companies can post about themselves or competitors?

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    he was probably told to , mind you I did suggest unstickying the stick on IBB a few weeks back and will further suggest stickying one on NTL in its place any day now:p

Ya id say that thread should be unstickied too... it gives a bad impression to potential customers and i dont think thats anymore since they have really got their act together, im very happy with the service and have never had a problem and i know many others are the same, there hasnt been a solid complaint about breeze for months now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I know a few people who are getting about 200kbps on their IBB connection, so I don't think it's fixed yet. Speaking from my own experience, it would take a lot for me to ever consider IBB again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

brim4brim wrote:
    Shouldn't there be some requirement that someone who works for IBB be required to state it in their post or have it in their signature or something along those lines.

I don't like the idea of employees supporting their companies on the forum without stating who they are. There should be a rule against it and if there is then the use should be banned.

How can we trust comments here if companies can post about themselves or competitors?

thats one of the stupidest things i have ever heard, ever heard of freedom of speech, or data protection? What if someone in the motors forum who works for ford said toyota were sh*t? its the nature if a forum that the majority are anonymous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Ever heard of forum charters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

im having a weird problem with torrents and ibb... all ports are open on my router but i havent got more then like 170kb/s ( i usually get full speed on my torrents ) but its more like 30-170kb/s average now... my ports are open too and i can get 350kb/s on a good http source... its weirdddddddd

its probably just that that particular torrent dosent have any fast seeders... or is it happening for all torrents?? I was using azureus last week and getting a solid 330-350kbps but that was a pretty popular torrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

why don't people who are not getting a decent service withhold payment? If you aint getting the product as advertised then you should pay only the percentage of the payment in respect of how much speed ur getting

Bambaata wrote:
    why don't people who are not getting a decent service withhold payment? If you aint getting the product as advertised then you should pay only the percentage of the payment in respect of how much speed ur getting

where the hell did that come from?? This thread does not contain complaints about ibb, we are all happy with ibb now just some people have not been upgraded to 3mb.I wouldnt say there is any reason to withhold payment because people have not yet gotten a FREE upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

ab_cork wrote:
    its probably just that that particular torrent dosent have any fast seeders... or is it happening for all torrents?? I was using azureus last week and getting a solid 330-350kbps but that was a pretty popular torrent.
    Na man all the torrents i use i constantly get my full speed but not as of lately they have 100's of seeders and even with multiple torrents still only hit about 170kb/s

ab_cork wrote:
    where the hell did that come from?? This thread does not contain complaints about ibb, we are all happy with ibb now just some people have not been upgraded to 3mb.I wouldnt say there is any reason to withhold payment because people have not yet gotten a FREE upgrade
    mmm just above people were saying they had slow conenctions!? Thats where. No need to jump on me, i was a happy IBB customer when everyone was slating them. Had them for a yr no probs and prob gona go back when i move into a new place next week. You work for them or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

novarock wrote:
    thats one of the stupidest things i have ever heard, ever heard of freedom of speech, or data protection? What if someone in the motors forum who works for ford said toyota were sh*t? its the nature if a forum that the majority are anonymous.

I'm not asking them to say who they are so they are still anonymous. If someone has other interests in giving information then they should be obliged to say so.

Its a stupid situation to have where a broadband company can get someone to sign up here and give positive feedback about their company even if their service is crap.

All forums have rules. The right to free speech is not relevant. Nobody forces anyone to post here. This is a forum and you follow the rules on any forum and get banned if you break them. There are rules, word censors, taboo topics etc... on all forums. Don't like the rules, just go to another forum to post your opinion, how does that infringe on your right to free speech? Companies that post false information/recommendations here are basically spamming which is not allowed on any forum.

Plus there is no real way to force people to do it but we can ask them to and if they violate it and are found out they can be banned or at least we'll know what the company is up to if they are found out. Personally I wouldn't buy from a company that tries to scam people into getting their service by getting an employee to post positive feedback about their company. We could have a thread with a list of companies that have employees (but not actually posting the Users identities or names just the companies) on here that give recommendations about themselves or post false information about other companies.

If someone represents a company, they could have a separate account for posting issues about that company and have a personnel account here too for when not acting in the companies interest to ensure that their personnel account isn't banned. Also this would mean that they aren't just associated with that company in their other posts.

IMO, the only person who would oppose such a rule would be someone who benefits from it not being in place.

Bambaata wrote:
    mmm just above people were saying they had slow conenctions!? Thats where. No need to jump on me, i was a happy IBB customer when everyone was slating them. Had them for a yr no probs and prob gona go back when i move into a new place next week. You work for them or something?

lol no i dont work for them.. im only 17.. no im just kinda annoyed they are constantly getting a bad rap when i am very happy with the service. There are lots of people on here who think they are still bad and i wasnt going to get bb from them originally because of the things ive read on this board but i am glad i did... playing bf2 well ago with pings of 25 and steam was updating at 335kbps so im definetly a happy customer.

i was very happy too, prob gona go back to them for the 2mb line, they also say only 10 days to get setup rather than the 7 weeks it took last time (needed cherry picker)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cbmkid07

Sponge Bob wrote:
    10s of high sites not 100s of them and stop pimping your employer please cbmkid, even if they have gotten their act together somewhat of late.
    Not that it deserves an answer, but what the hell, the obvious thing is for me to say i dont work for them, but guess what i dont work for them, i work in software dev company in Blanchardstown. That said at one point I was a customer and i know several others who still are. The latest i have heard is that all upgrades will be completed by end of next week. Everyone should get a letter stating as such. I would also agree with later posts if you aint happy, then collate your findings / results and if its outside your contended package then you have a case. Otherwise move ISP's when your contract ends.

Advertisement