Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus Colour???

Options
  • 10-10-2006 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I tipped my car this morning, its not bad or anything just a small chip but I'd like to get some paint to fill it in, my only problem is I dont know the exact colour of the car, its classed as green but its kind of a silvery green, does anybody know how I'd find out the exact colour maybe from a website or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

The manufacturers chassis plate number might have the relevant code, (located usually in in the engine compartment, tho maybe elsewhere on a Ford). Failing that, have you tried the handbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

What year is the Focus as they changed the name of that colour (as well as the colour slightly) around 03.

One of my old Fords had the official colour stamped on the plate in the engine bay - try looking there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Kiwi Green?

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/focus/ (colors) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Sparks400 wrote:
    Kiwi Green?

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/focus/ (colors) :)

That colour is just wrong :)

Think the light bluey / green may have been Tonic before the new Focus came out. Was something else before that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Thanks everyone, its a 99.

Its not Kiwi Green anyway, I havent tried the chassis plate, I'll check that when I get home.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

R.O.R wrote:
    That colour is just wrong :)

Think the light bluey / green may have been Tonic before the new Focus came out. Was something else before that though.

It's brutal alright, didn't want to say anything incase it was that color.
    Looks like military issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Yep its a bad colour alright, its not something I'd choose. Its not tonic either, that colour is more blue than green.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

ring your local Ford dealer and give them your chassis plate number. you could even try halfords, they might be able to look up the chassis plate number too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

i had an 03 focus which i thought was silver until the log book arrived, it is in fact classed as green the vehicle reg centre in Shannon .
    I had a small scrape at the side also, brought it to Halfords, a bloke came out ,took all the details, said no problem, he would have the paint done up in 15 minutes.. after 3 attempts of mixing and matching (didnt let him put it near the car ) , he was totally unsure and reckoned my best bet was to check with Ford Ireland.
    Those Halford kits can be pretty dangerous to use on your car if you dont get an assistant in the shop who doesnt know what they are doing ans isnt 100% confident what they have mixed together,
    Normal colours like blue ,red etc aint a problem,its the off colours that can be tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

R.O.R wrote:
    One of my old Fords had the official colour stamped on the plate in the engine bay - try looking there.

The 01 Focus I had had it at the front of the engine bay alright. As I remember it there are 5 rows in a column and its the fourth from the top I think. Its coded though, so mine was T9 which is blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some car manufacturers put the colour serial code or number on the side of the door frame or in the engine bay.

Failing that pop into your local Ford dealer and they should have the paint code number.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just go to the dealer, it won't be more than €10.

Advertisement