Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying my 1st racer soon but been riding awhile now. Some advice greatly appreciated.

Options
  • 10-10-2006 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey,
    Been riding for awhile now and I have aspirations to compete next year I'm looking for bike capible of time trial and long distance cycling, I'm willing to spend around E1000 and E2000, I was on the cycle super store website and saw a nice looking bike (Trek - 1400D '06 model priced E1500) but honestly I dont know much about bikes.

If anyone has a suggestion on other bikes and other shops please do let me know.

Thanks.
    -Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Check out http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/

Alot of bang for you buck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

You're not faced with an easy choice. There are dozens of great bikes in that price range, many of which would be ideal for you. You should take your time and check out various shops. Drop into Cycleogical, Cycleways and the Superstore to see what's on display and get an idea of what's available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

Hi Morgan

You may be interested to know that www.thebikeshop.ie is also having a few specials. I've been to a lot of bike shops and the range here is VERY big compared to a lot fo them.

I may be biased because it's my local but it can't hurt to look...:)

GP

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

GP wrote:
    Hi Morgan

You may be interested to know that www.thebikeshop.ie is also having a few specials. I've been to a lot of bike shops and the range here is VERY big compared to a lot fo them.

I may be biased because it's my local but it can't hurt to look...:)

GP

Do they only stock Giant racers? Not much of a choice then is it? But as you said no harm in having a look if you're around that part of the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

Hi

No...they stock Giant, Specialized, Ridley, Orbea, Colnago etc etc ect

As far as I know the specials (theirs road bike ones too) are to give people an idea and they can customize them to fit.

www.thebikeshop.ie or 053 9122514

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Don't know too much about road bikes but there is what appears to be decent road bike over on adverts. Think he's looking for 750.

Advertisement