Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Besiktas away live on Channel 5

Options
  • 10-10-2006 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Channel 5 are showing the away leg against Besiktas live on Thursday 19th October. Programme starts at 5.50pm with the game kicking off at 6pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

excellent ...lucky enough i have a UK sky card and box in the spare room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Setanta showed last one - i thougth ITV got rights but must be home games only.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Robxxx7 wrote:
    excellent ...lucky enough i have a UK sky card and box in the spare room

Same here ;)
    galinka wrote:
    Setanta showed last one - i thougth ITV got rights but must be home games only.:confused:

ITV only have the home games. Nothing on Setanta website yet about the game being on although they do have 7.30 UEFA Cup to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I ordered a UK freesat sky viewing card today so I can watch this and any future games that may be on channel 5. It cost 45 euro which was a bit steep but I kinf of paniced that it won't be on Setanta as they specify half 7 (think Newcastle are on around then) and TV3 would hardly build their schedule around a Spurs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

It's gonna have to be the pub for me then.
    Not that that's a major problem !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Stuck in bloody work, and its the one day next week I can't get off...:(

Andrew 83 wrote:
    I ordered a UK freesat sky viewing card today so I can watch this and any future games that may be on channel 5. It cost 45 euro which was a bit steep but I kinf of paniced that it won't be on Setanta as they specify half 7 (think Newcastle are on around then) and TV3 would hardly build their schedule around a Spurs game.

Word of warning here. Make sure that the phone line isn't connected to the box when you are using this FTV card or the card may cease to work. Also if you leave the card out of the box for a while (say a few weeks or more) C4 & C5 may stop working. Usually they return when the card is left in for about 24 hours.

yiddo wrote:
    Word of warning here. Make sure that the phone line isn't connected to the box when you are using this FTV card or the card may cease to work. Also if you leave the card out of the box for a while (say a few weeks or more) C4 & C5 may stop working. Usually they return when the card is left in for about 24 hours.

Thanks for the tips. If I only use the card periodically (say whenever there's a decent match on) should I be leaving it in the box from a day beforehand on? I have a Sky + box so was thinking of keeping the card in the old skybox and putting the second satellite feed that goes into the sky + into that box for the match.

Andrew 83 wrote:
    Thanks for the tips. If I only use the card periodically (say whenever there's a decent match on) should I be leaving it in the box from a day beforehand on? I have a Sky + box so was thinking of keeping the card in the old skybox and putting the second satellite feed that goes into the sky + into that box for the match.

Good idea to leave the FTV card in the 2nd box. If you lose C4 & C5 on it stick the card in usually C4 comes back after 12 hours or so and C5 after about 24 hours!
    Most important is not to have the phone line connected to Skybox whilst the FTV card is in it. Otherwise the updates from Sky that come down the phone line may clear it completely!

Setanta are also showing the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Andrew83 is correct - Setanta Ireland have it - Channel 434 on Sky, according to Digiguide.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Don't forget its 6pm kick off in Turkey!!

Advertisement