Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever used Reporo for free texts etc

• 10-10-2006 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Got a mail today from CDWOW and they are advertising this free texts and picture sending thing called Reporo. I went to the site https://www.reporo.com/ and all looks legit, but I am loath to sign up before i hear anything about it.

I really dont fancy my phone being spammed from here on in or anything like that.

So, anyone used it or have any feedback on it?

Cheers,
    Flinty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from Cool Crap & Links with redirect open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

To me it seems like a sort of email service tailored for mobile phones. I see from the demo that there is an inbox. This (and the fact that you can only "text" other reporo users) suggests to me that you might have to actually open the application on your phone in order to see if you have any messages (as does the recipient of any messages you send).

It also says "Texting non-Reporo members: Service coming soon!"

So I assume that this will be where they will eventually make their money; by charging you for texting normal numbers.

That said, the above are just my assumptions.

Would be totally class though if it was what it appears to be on the surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

nice find, i just signed up, slightly annoyed that i cant use my instant messaging password with it (because it contains non-alphanumeric characters) but checking it out now, maybe theres some ideas for AFT in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

Did you sign up Donutface? Have you used it yet?

Dal, I'd say you are right in your assumptions, looks a little too good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

This is one of many applications promising "free texts" and then the prerequisite is that both of you have this applícation on your phone and it will cost alot of gprs traffic if you're not on a flat rate or bundle plan. Same as mobispine.com and others.. if you want cheap sms and cannot use AFT, go for smsbug.com or mobisms.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement