Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parrot car kit audio through VW Stereo

Options
  • 10-10-2006 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

There have been a couple of posts on this board regarding the Parrot CK3100 car kit and installing this in your car.
    I had it professionally installed but they ran the audio through a seperate speaker behind the stereo. When travelling in noisy conditions (rainy day at motorway speeds, etc) it can be difficult to hear the audio from the speaker.
    I'd like to rewire the kit to go through the car stereo. I've never done anything like this before but I'm comfortable with wiring diagrams and a bit of DIY.
    I've heard that you need to ISO adapter leads available from SIO Communications. They specify not to use these if the Head Unit is amplified though. Any ideas if the head unit in the 2006 Touareg is amplified?
    Also, where can I pick up the tools necessery to remove the head unit? Anybody wired this successfully through the speakers on a VW? :confused:

Comments

Advertisement