Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Games for kids (and adults!)

Options
  • 10-10-2006 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

just thought I would share this game the my kids and I play. We think we invented it, but prob not. We call it Word Tennis and any number of people can play it. Great way to pass the time on a long car (or train, or bus, or any long period of time).

Word Tennis. Very few rules really. Someone starts the game with a word (a noun) and the next person (we go clockwise around the car for no particular reason) must add another word (again, a noun) to make a 3rd word (noun!). The noun thing is about the only rule. The word thats added then becomes the new word (like the 1st word) and the next person has to add to that.... simple

maybe an example is called for:
    start of game, so first word is:Man
    then someone adds 'fire' to make fireman
    then someone adds 'place' to fire to make fireplace
    then someone adds 'mat' to place and makes placemat
    then add grass to mat and you get grass-mat

so the new word can be added in front, or behind the old word. only the new word moves on to the next round.

Comments

Advertisement