Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

season 3 fantasy league results

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yup, it's Survivor Series Sunday week, then ECW's ppv the week after that, and SD's Armageddon 2 weeks after that. I'm not doin too well this week at all either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

END OF WEEK 6

1 Team Vin 1555
    (scored 294 this week)
    2 the great equalizer returns 1396
    (scored 194 this week)
    3 Fozzstars 1371
    (scored 172 this week)
    4 Reganio Rebels 1328
    (scored 175 this week)

reganio is hanging by a piece of thread now, but with 3 ppv's coming up it may change. vince is not on safe ground yet. week 7 coming up, i have my new team 1/2 picked so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Picked my team it looks ok.
    Is Survivor series on sky or box office.

Results are up for Raw
    Team vin 1711--Scored 156
    The great equalizer returns 1488--Scored 92
    Fozzstars 1485--Scored 114
    Reganio Rebels 1457--Scored 129

Well it looks like Vince has won it but dont give up the fight yet Triple H and Fozzy he might slip up and you can just charge in. Sure its a good battle for 2nd no matter what happens with only 3 points in it now.

I picked a team real quick on Saturday, just in case I forgot on Monday....which I did. Should get me a fair few points all the same though!

My average for this season is slipping down near what it was in the first season, which is nowhere near my second season. There were more points on offer in the second season anyway with ECW being added, so it's not a good time for me! Yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

triple h wrote:
    D-FENS, i saw you left a message in boards during the week. where were you? (for anyone that does not know, d-fens finished 2nd in our first season, it was close between d-fens and myself (in the first league) and it was on the last day the league was decided) you should join the next league.

Nice to be remembered Trips,
    To be honest, I got promoted in my job and barely have time to glance at the board, let alone enter the fantasy league and try and keep it up to date,
    But good luck to all competitors, may you be blessed with the insane foresight of the mind of Vincent K. McMahon and his scriptwriters...

Their is change in the battle for 2nd place after ECW
    Team name .........................points........ Average.......Improvement
    1 Team Vin......................... 1778 ..........254.0 .............67
    2 Fozzstars .........................1568 ..........224.0 .............83
    3 the great equalizer returns ..1551 ..........221.6 .............63
    4 Reganio Rebels ..................1520 ..........217.1 .............63

hmmm.....3rd place i am in now. and reganio is catching me.
    well, i picked my team with this coming sunday in mind. I kind of figured i would do kind of ok in raw ecw and SD, but i really think i will do well on sunday. I hope it had worked out for me cause that is where the big big points are and that is what i have to get in order to catch vince. I will admit i took a chance and if it works i will be laughing so hard you will hear me.
    If i am not in 2nd and not closer to vince after sunday my gamble failed.

I am going to be busy for the next few weeks, so i will not be in here much, for some time. I will make the time to watch wwe on tv, pick a good team (i hope) and check scores. special thanks to reganio 2 and fozzy for posting comments in here about scores and i will look in this thread.
    I have a few busy weeks ahead, also i ordered a new computer (imac, will have next week) and i have to learn all about it as i am 7 years in the pc world and then family and friends, xmas and all that stuff, oh i bought a new 30GB ipod and thats a new toy for me to play with. so when all is done and dusted in january i will be back in here everyday to brighten up all of yer days.

to d-fens , good luck in your new promotion.

oh, if ye miss me ye can say hello to me in the mac section on board, i could be there for awhile over the next few weeks.

Scores END OF WEEK 7
    1 Team Vin 2091
    2 the great equalizer returns 1886
    3 Reganio Rebels 1844
    4 Fozzstars 1836

week 8 is going to be awful tricky.
    but it looks like its vince's league (which i said it would be, even before we started)
    vince might slip up this week, as could any of us. not looking foward to this week.

• Advertisement

Is it December to dismember this week then a cross brand ppv next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

No its Smackdown's ppv this week. As Jake Roberts would say "Tust me".

No its Smackdown's ppv this week. As Jake Roberts would say "Tust me".
    I don't tust you, you have the league won and you are still trying to push people in the wrong direction:) . Good oul competition never did anybody harm.

sorry people.

END OF WEEK 7

1 Team Vin 2091
    2 the great equalizer returns 1931
    3 Reganio Rebels 1847
    4 Fozzstars 1836

i knew i should have done better last night. here are the real scores.
    this is how we did last week. i was hoping to beat vince, but vince beat me by 1 point.

1 Team Vin 536
    2 the great equalizer returns 535

3 Reganio Rebels 511
    4 Eye Of The Chicken 505 ----(bob sqiush)
    5 Fozzstars 462
    bad week for fozzy

Very bad week! I though more heels would win at SS. I blame bad booking again

I'm very happy with my team this week though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Crap! I totally forgot about the deadline last night. I'm screwed this week anyway!

• Advertisement

Just lookin at the teams now, I think I'm best off in the top 4. Vin has a choice from Raw that might've been bad (don't want to spoil anythin just in case), and I've got a nice little bargain pick with a certain returning wrestler. I also think Test is goin to win the ECW title, don't think anyone else has him

I have a sneaky suspicion that CM Punk will win the elimination chamber!

As for having the same team as last week, i'm not doing as bad as i thought i would do. Which really shows how bad the booking in WWE is, lol!

The results for the last week are:

Fozzstars 481
    Team Vin 438
    Reganio Rebels 423
    the great equalizer returns 403

Which make the overall standings this:

Team Vin 2529
    the great equalizer returns 2334
    Fozzstars 2317
    Reganio Rebels 2270

Joey Mercury really paid off for me this week! I think Kevin Thorn was the other guy who helped get me above Vin, cos we had mostly the same guys picked. I'm pissed off that Test didn't win the title though, that would have put me a good 50 more points ahead of everyone

Two more weeks left, and one ppv! That ppv will have some good points for the specialty matches I think

well done fozzy, you had a great week.

And I plan to continue it!

• Advertisement

Just lookin at the teams for this week, and it appears as though someone else also noticed that SD was taped before the deadline this week.... Ah well, it looks like I'll have to wait til the last week to beat Vin!

fozzy, where are people getting this unfair advantage. does this mean i will lose my 2nd place and have no chance of winning the league.

judging by what you said i guess
    benoit is going to win
    dave taylor and regal are going to win
    wang is going to win
    i wonder are jeff and matt going to be on smack down

please let me know if the above is so as i do not want to get sick all over the room.

Yeah, those guys all win their matches. You've got to take whatever chances you get, if I didn't do it Vince would have anyway! No Matt, looks like he's on Raw more these days

Its a harsh world.

true. its a harsh world and take whatever chances you get.

but are ye going to tell me where you get your info?????????????

I have no time these days to look around the net for this stuff and i just about have enough time to pick my team and go into one or two other sites. come the next league i will have more time.

triple h wrote:
    I have no time these days to look around the net for this stuff and i just about have enough time to pick my team and go into one or two other sites. come the next league i will have more time.

Excuses, excuses.

here are my top 5 excuses (seen as you asked for them)
    also note, i am able to pick my fantasy team, no excuses there, i make time for that.

5--december----always a busy time for me.
    4--someone sick at work, had to work more.
    3--no time for xmas shopping, not one present bought yet (2 weeks left) and not much time to play around the net.
    2--my new computer was a dud, had to set up old one and god knows when i will get the new one (after xmas, i guess)
    THE NUMBER 1 EXCUSE
    VINCE AND FOZZY FOUND A LOOP-HOLE.

triple h wrote:
    THE NUMBER 1 EXCUSE
    VINCE AND FOZZY FOUND A LOOP-HOLE.
    I agree with that. In fairness what is the point in cheating i thought it was meant to be for a laugh. If there was money for the winner i couls see why you would cheat but i think its stupid cheating in a friendly game.

In my defence, I saw a headline on some site for SD spoilers last Sunday. I felt that if I didn't take a few hints from it then someone else would (which they did!). Don't think it was cheatin, WWE set it all up. And I pointed it out a few weeks ago when Raw was taped before the deadline too, but I didn't gain anything from it that time

I'd imagine some people would be quite pissed off in America if they were near the top of the league and didn't notice SD being taped before, cos they actually are playin for money!

If you see SMACKDOWN SPOILERS on every major wrestling website from Friday, I don't see the point in ignoring it when doing your team up for the week on Monday.

It would be stupid to ignore them. Certainly none of the top teams did ignore them. I make no apologies for it.

• Advertisement

Can I just ask what websites you look at.I just like reading up about whats happening in wrestling. You know like whos unhappy and that. Cheers.

OK thanks

thanks vince, now we can all be on the same page in the next league.

It is true what fozzy said, that in the states where they are playing for money, it was unfair to still keep the fantasy league still open after a smack down taping. I am sure it will never happen again, i hope.

Just lookin at the teams for this week now, all similar enough apart from Reganio..don't know if it's just that they haven't updated your team for this week or if you didn't actually pick a new team, cos the one I'm seein isn't goin to earn many points

I've taken any risks I could, but it's still a similar enough team to triple h and Vince..hopin that Batista does somethin mad, like retain his title in 20 specialty matches in a row..then I think the title will be stayin right where it is....

crap I just realised I forgot to change my team. Ahh well. ill start preparing for the next season.

yeah fozzy, 7 of your superstars are on my team and vince's team.

here is where is is different

my team
    vince
    fozzy

benoit
    helms
    estarda
    kane
    chavo
    chavo
    mizz
    mizz
    batista
    sharmel
    taker
    finlay
    vito

those guys above are the guys that count, seen as we share 7 other players. vince has it won. reganio is gone. so who will finish 2nd fozzy or me. 20 points between us ( i think, give or take)

in every league we have done, myself , fozzy and vince (the 3 of us) allways end up in the top 4. We are, i guess the alex ferguson, the jose mourinho and the arsene whinger (well he does whine a lot) of the wwe board.ie league, which one is which i dont know.

But i do know i should be the honest one (even if that means i am the whinger). I have never done any funny transfer deals, I dont trade outside of the regulations, I will admit i tried to contact someone in england a few weeks ago, but all i did was e-mail and no action, good or bad came from it. I find it funny how jongore and bob squish seemed to take a dive and now reganio, i wonder were they paid to dive the wrong way like a liverpool goalkepper once did.
    I am not pointing the finger at anyone, funny, shifty , dicey deals and bogus transfers go on all the time in all sports, i guess, i am just saying in case there is an investigation some day that i am good old fashioned plain honest and you would be wasting your time looking into my actions.
    If you get away with it , so be it, fair play. I just hope the wwe clean up their house, they are the ones at fault.
    WWE make better rules for the next league.

Fozzy and Vince brib...
    (Gun Clicks)
    em... Never mind, carry on.

• Advertisement

You really make me laugh sometimes triple h!

I've got 2 ppv main event guys in our differing picks, that could be worth something. Maybe Estrada could interfere in that match and give a load of weapon shots..200 or so.... Then I'll still be your champ....

triple h wrote:
    in every league we have done, myself , fozzy and vince (the 3 of us) allways end up in the top 4. We are, i guess the alex ferguson, the jose mourinho and the arsene whinger (well he does whine a lot) of the wwe board.ie league, which one is which i dont know.

But i do know i should be the honest one (even if that means i am the whinger). I have never done any funny transfer deals, I dont trade outside of the regulations, I will admit i tried to contact someone in england a few weeks ago, but all i did was e-mail and no action, good or bad came from it. I find it funny how jongore and bob squish seemed to take a dive and now reganio, i wonder were they paid to dive the wrong way like a liverpool goalkepper once did.
    I am not pointing the finger at anyone, funny, shifty , dicey deals and bogus transfers go on all the time in all sports, i guess, i am just saying in case there is an investigation some day that i am good old fashioned plain honest and you would be wasting your time looking into my actions.
    If you get away with it , so be it, fair play. I just hope the wwe clean up their house, they are the ones at fault.
    WWE make better rules for the next league.

Your thinking way too much about this!

I think for your sanity you should declare that if you don't win the next fantasy league, you'll retire. Like a loser leaves town match in the 1980's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I wish I was on a dive, I have the best average Ive managed so far this season compared to the rest of them....and theres the fact I haven't seen either raw smackdown/ecw once during this season! although if anyone wants to pay me to pick some dodgy teams... I wont say no :D

I was holding out, thought I might possibly take it if Batista did somethin crazy like 20 finishers, but it looks like it wasn't to be. Doesn't look like and of my gambles paid off. I'd give you the trophy now Vince, only I seem to have misplaced it....

Fozzy wrote:
    I was holding out, thought I might possibly take it if Batista did somethin crazy like 20 finishers, but it looks like it wasn't to be. Doesn't look like and of my gambles paid off. I'd give you the trophy now Vince, only I seem to have misplaced it....

Its cool. I was just after that cash prize you so graciously offered at the start of the league. €100 wasn't it?!

I really don't remember that at all. You sure it wasn't you who promised it?!

And for the record:

1 Team Vin 3135
    2 Fozzstars 2904
    3 the great equalizer returns 2890
    4 Reganio Rebels 2611
    5 Big Monsters 2572

Whoever owns Big Monsters came second in the final week's scoring. Vince also finished higher in the overall rankings than I did last season, but the points level was much higher this season

Says on the website that Season 9 signups start on Wednesday

• Advertisement

I think I turned into the number 1 heel half way through the league so I wasn't expecting bouquets of flowers but surely a "well done" is in order! Its been opinions smelling of sour grapes all the way in the last few comments in this thread!

And just on the money, as Bobby Heenan once said "You won't offend me with cash".

Yeah congrats Vince i will be back with a better knowledge of what top do and who to pick next season so watch out.

All hail King Vince, all hail King Vince...........
    Next you'll be speaking in an English accent and wearing a cloak!

Seriously though, well done and you'll have more competition next season!

Hey, I don't recall any congratulations when I won! Well done anyway!

Your the Barry Horowitz for those that remember him of the fantasy league. You were patting yourself on the back about winning 6 weeks before it had ended last time!

Until Triple H (of boards.ie fame) cuts some whacky promo on me, it won't feel complete.

The score is still being amened by the way:

1 Team Vin 3180
    2 Fozzstars 2934
    3 the great equalizer returns 2920
    4 Reganio Rebels 2611
    5 Big Monsters 2602

• Advertisement
Advertisement