Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server Overheating

Options
  • 10-10-2006 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me, I have a Proliant ML350 Server with a processor that keeps overheating. It's in an Air Conditioned room. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with Proliants in relation to overheating and if anyone has a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Looking at the specs it sounds like older hardware being PIII based.

Are the fans still active inside the unit, have you thought of replacing the CPU cooler though you could have difficulty locating a current one compatible with it's socket from normal retail sources.

If you've done all the above you are probably better off contacting HP and getting one of their techs to take a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tigher61

It's a Xeon 2.4 Ghz processor, not a PIII model. I have though about getting a replacement headsink but it is built for two processors with a shared heatsink so scratch that idea. Fans are still active and HP are being "helpful" as usual. Listen thanks for the info anway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 superunlocking

hi i fixed this problem its dust in the heatsink pins u just need a compressed can of gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You have to wonder how people find these ancient threads, join up to give a response and never return....do they just google problems they know the answer to hoping to help? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement