Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband query

Options
  • 10-10-2006 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi
    I am new on this forum and are thinking about a broadband connection
    I live near Ballinteer and have been thinking about signing up with Irish broadband can anyone tell me what there service is like ???
    CD

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Check out the government broadband site. quite informative

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Ha haaa. You've asked the wrong question here. Wait for 20 replies saying it's crap.

I use it and for me it's great. I seem to be able to get 2Mb up and down pretty consistantly. I've had no limits on the amount I can download either. I'm on the 2Mb Breeze plan (soon to be upgraded to 3Mb hopefully).

They seem to be a mixed bag. Those that have it working OK like them. Those that don't seem to have nightmares.

I don't live anywhere near Ballinteer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

cathald1 wrote:
    Hi
    I am new on this forum and are thinking about a broadband connection
    I live near Ballinteer and have been thinking about signing up with Irish broadband can anyone tell me what there service is like ???
    If you're interested in the "fixed wireless" service (Breeze Home), then walk around your neighbourhood looking for houses with a small square antenna on the roof - about 30cm square, with a silver mesh, rather than a solid "dish". They're probably IBB antennas, and your best bet for feedback on the quality of the service would be to talk to these people.

(It's been a year or two since I walked through Broadford looking for these antenna - there were quite a few).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Here's the only picture of a Breeze antenna that Google Images could find:
    antenna.jpg

Advertisement