Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos from Navan?

• 10-10-2006 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Just was wondering who is from Navan, I don't know if this has been done before, sorry if it has. I am originally from Dublin, but have been living here in Navan for about 15 years. I have to say it gets very boaring at times, but its not the worst place:D .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I'm from Navan,
    I was brought up there til i was four, then moved to galway then to Leeds in the UK.
    I came back in 1998, needless to say at first i hated it (big change coming from leeds to some backwater burb) but i must say i'm quite happy there now, i'm in my house 2 yrs and its great.

Even though i work in Carrickmacross (35-40 min drive in the morning) it beats sitting in traffic working in the city, i find it ideal for getting into dublin when you are going to the cinema, a gig, going to the airport.

In conclusion, its getting there, but it could do with a few more facilities, like a shopping centre outside the bleeding town! (i know Johnstown is there but i mean with proper shops, not just Supervalu!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I'm living in Navan about 2 years now.
    Sad think is i still get the bus of death to Dublin everyday for work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Iam a Navan man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 froggy_7

I don't live in Navan, but not too far... I work in Navan every day, though.
    I can only highly recommend the new arts centre, some good stuff happening there (Check out the play that's coming this thursday and friday, it's a good laugh and brilliantly written!).

I actually do like the buzz on the Fair Green on Fridays, with the market and all... and the fact that I now drive for 20min in the mornings instead of 2hours!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Moving next month. Still do my shopping in drogheda though....waaaaay more shops. Although i prefer navan nightlife to drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

froggy_7 wrote:
    I don't live in Navan, but not too far... I work in Navan every day, though.
    I can only highly recommend the new arts centre, some good stuff happening there (Check out the play that's coming this thursday and friday, it's a good laugh and brilliantly written!).

I actually do like the buzz on the Fair Green on Fridays, with the market and all... and the fact that I now drive for 20min in the mornings instead of 2hours!!!

The market on the fair green used to be much better. Its gone really crap now. There aren't as many stalls as there used to be. The people were always much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm living in Navan 2 years now ... commuting to Ranelagh in Dublin every day for work [which is a complete nightmare]!

I'm originally from Dublin, but would never go back ... love Navan too much now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Yeah... living in Navan for 5 years now. Originally from Kerry... but moved up here with my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife (everybody.... Awh!) and love it. (except the traffic AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!).

And i work in Navan which is a bonus! so not far to drive, but it still takes me 30 mins to get to work some mornings.

I think that Navan has the north east quota for traffic lights in one town.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Siska010

But I live in Navan, too.
    I like it here, but I am bored out of my mind because I can't seem to find a job and I don't know anyone either.

Besides that, it's all good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ExMeath

we used to live a short distance from Navan

it never really has been a backwater has it? Not by Meath standards.. I loved the time we spent there (except for the state of our house)

I used to go to Trim sometimes just to have a coffee and walk round the town :)

shopping in Drogheda - pop over to Newgrange farm for a quick chat with the pig there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I used to live in navan a few years ago, now living in co. cavan. sometimes go out in navan and always there shopping. hoping to start working in the town in the summer. fingers crossed

so are you lot thinking of getting together for a good night out in Navan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

ExMeath wrote:
    so are you lot thinking of getting together for a good night out in Navan?

That seems like a good idea!

sofireland wrote:
    That seems like a good idea!

oh, I'm full of good ideas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lisil

I recently moved to Navan from Scotland and I love it. It is a big change since i used to live in Glasgow but I definetly wont be leaving. My family came over last month and we had a great night out. The people in Navan were really friendly and welcoming although Im sure it was obvious that we were city girls lol

Advertisement