Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Reunion Thread - *Contains Spoilers*

• 10-10-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

So what did you all make of the 3 hour show? I thought it was an entertaining Raw that went along pretty quickly. I wasn't going to stay up for all of it but when the announced main event was Cena vs The Undertaker I figured it would be worth it...

What I found most interesting about the show was during the RVD/Booker T match when Tazz and JBL traded insults with one another. I loved Tazz's line:

"JBL why don't you stop trying to get yourself over and concentrate on getting the two guys in the ring over?"

Amen to that!

Styles got in some good lines especially when Michael Cole begged to just call the match and Styles replied:

"Yeah well control your pet over there." :D

Benoit vs Shelton was a decent match too and so was Big Show vs Jeff Hardy. Show tossing Nitro like a ragdoll was amazing I thought.

Kane losing to Umaga was no surprise and apparently the plan for Kane's future (according to PWInsider's Dave Scherer) is that...
    'After losing last night's match to Umaga, which forced him to leave Raw, Kane is scheduled to be joining the Smackdown brand.'

The appearance of the legends was a great surprise. Never thought I'd see I.R.S. on Raw in 2006! Arn Anderson showing up was particularly brilliant.

The main event was a great match-up but it didn't really deliver and was ruined by the interference. Taker was made to look the strongest though which was good.

As for D-X, sorry but the jokes aren't funny any more and the cock jokes were just painful to listen to. I love the idea of Orton and Edge teaming up as, from a logical perspective, it makes sense to do that.

Overall I thought it was an entertaining Raw but I was hoping more ECW guys would appear. I hoped for CM Punk, though didn't expect that, but I was surprised Sabu wasn't there.

Speaking of people not there, where the bloody hell was Carlito? And what happens to him now if Orton is moving on to fight D-X? Unless the plan is for Carlito to join with D-X (or maybe even join D-X) it strikes me as lousy booking which hurts his character.

I give the show a thumbs up though. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yea, I thought it was a good show overall!

I was a little dissapointed that Austin wasn't there and thought the DX match was good, but the cock jokes were not funny at all! Orton and Edge should make a good team.

Like the new theme and i'm sure the new logo will grow on me.

Hope RAW got a decet rating, cos it was a 'A' show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i liked raw last night and it went very quick.
    1) JBL and Cole going on about smack down been the A show is bugging me.
    2) i liked the way JR conducts himself.
    3) it was good to see IRS.
    4) all the matches were good.
    5) where was carlito?
    not fair
    6) thanks to sky+ i dont have to listen to DX. i allways fast foward the moment their music starts and dont stop until the next team comes in.
    7) Edge and Ortan--that sounds good.
    8) i liked the old theme music to raw. dont know if new one will grow on me.
    9) like mr nice guy i give raw the thumbs up also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bring back the old music, the one before the last one. anyone have it on mp3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Mossy Monk wrote:
    anyone have it on mp3?

I do!

Also, I like when all 3 commentating teams are together on one show, it really adds to the show on a whole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

As for D-X, sorry but the jokes aren't funny any more and the cock jokes were just painful to listen to. I love the idea of Orton and Edge teaming up as, from a logical perspective, it makes sense to do that.
    as you said before Amen to that!
    i'm beging for the day trip turns on michaels and ends the partnership again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Was a good show i thought but more like one thumb for me. Dont know if being a quick show added or took away from it though.

Matches were very good i thought. Apart from Cena's. Those DDT's sucked, who thought him that.
    D-X aren't funny i know but i'll still giggle at some of there jokes.
    The legends was nice too but were out for about 2 minutes. i thought those two old women were gonna walk down to the ring as well and thought there goes a hour.
    Edge and Orton, should work well.
    Dont really care about the theme, wouldn't watch wrestling for music anyway.
    Thought the announcers fighting was dumb and stupid and tazz had some really bad come backs.

Compared to last years show, it wasn't much of anything. Last year had Austin, Foley and some much better matches. One thing it did do better than last year was setup some interesting stories and matches for further shows which i thought was a good idea. about 7/10 i'd give it.

Advertisement