Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a Parker-Hale .22lr moderator?

Options
  • 10-10-2006 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Just dissassembled one which was throwing fliers all over the place :eek: . Two baffles bent.

I'm suspicious as to how it's assembled though. I reckon someone had it appart previously & didn't put the last washers in correctly. There might even be one missing.

So, has anyone got one to compare or know where I'd find some pictures of one?

It's back together but I'm not happy with it. The knurled end cap won't compress the spring washer easily. There's definately something wrong :(.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

I have one.do you have the special tool to assemble the baffles?You drop them down the tool with the cups facing upward,onto the dimple with the short end pointing towards the muzzle end of the silencer.When you have the baffles stack you insert thispackage into the outer tube,twist the tool a quater turn untill it disengages from the lowest baffle, and then draw out the tool from the baffle pack.If you have bent baffles ,leave them out and put the spring in.It should literally spin on ,as there is now distance to allow this.All the spring does is hold the baffles in position.There are two washers as well,that should rest on the top of the last baffle before the spring is put on it and then one on top of the spring before you put on the end cap.That is going by the pics supplied by PH.I never had them ,just the spring and ASFIK it works fine.
    I have had this trouble with mine as well assembling it.Make sure that the baffle pack is sitting well in the tube.Give the outer tube a tap around to make sure the baffles are sitting well and try to keep the inner walls of the outer tube as oil free as possible to assist in getting the baffles to drop down properly.
    www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk have replacement parts for the PH,washers,baffles etc.
    For the baffles to be bent,were they the first two in the front towards end cap or towards the rear?Would suggest that the silencer wasnt tight enough on the rifle or it was reassembled without the tool.Or the threading job is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

2 baffles bent is a sign it wasnt screwed on tight of must have loosened off,if it was the first 2 or last 2 in the can thats your problem if it was throwing fliers,be sure to check your threading and crown for damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Thanks for the replies guys.

I don't have the tool so maybe that would sort assembly.
    Clare Gunner; any chance I could borrow yours, assuming you're not too far away? I'm in Limerick so.......

I'll order a new set of baffles for it anyway. Thanks for the link ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Or buy my deben sound moderator for €30....

You know it makes sense ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Kramer
    TBH you are going to need that tool for reassembly/disasembly regulary.So order yourself up one with the baffles.PM me if you are really stuck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement