Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Issue

Options
  • 10-10-2006 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi folks

Just got connected to BT broadband 1mb speed But am getting as bad as dial up speeds (1-2kb) in the cork city area.Any1 else experiencing bad connection at the mo in same area.
    Also how reliable are Bt as a rule 4 there connection speeds.What speed should i expect from this 1mb connection roughly.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

It's not a BT Broadband issue - it's an eircom router in Churchfield (according to eircom). It's already being covered in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Hi for_the_buzz,

Have a look here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055000924

The thread is about 3 or 4 below yours titled:
    Not Again ... Eircom BBand dreadfully Slow - Cork. Anyone else?

More than likely this applies to you too. I know you are with BT, but BT piggy backs on Eircom infrastructure. Problems with that infrastructure and your gone too.

As I said in that thread:

"I just got onto Eircom Tech support & a very helpful chap who did not try and send me off on a merry dance [ maybe because it was my tech company name on the bill, so they did not try it on ]. He said yes, they are aware of a problem in Churchfield - a Routing issue. Even though the problem was apparently their since last friday in some cases, it only got ELAVATED at 1pm TODAY. The engineers arrived at CF about then. They are endevouring to sort right now. I asked how long, he said they are not told BUT hopefully by the end of the day BUT it may take a few days ... You know yourself [ Referring to me / Carrigaline being in the same predicament a few months back ] i.e you've been through this before, veterans Yes but it took about 3 weeks to sort."

Hope this helps
    Aidan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 for_the_buzz

Thanks 4 the swift replies folks.God really is quick and so much better than ringin any tek support no.At least here u get the truth.So its really just sit n wait n c if gets better.Sux cuz im only today after gettin switched onto Broadband.
    L8rs

Advertisement