Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/good broadband provider in Kilkenny

• 10-10-2006 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Moved into Kilkenny recently. I'm looking into getting Broadband for the house. I see that there is a phone line installed but no phone. Something cheep but always on. Doesn't have to be fastest BB ever either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I use Chorus Broadband, €20 a month and far from slow, pointless paying more when your not into speedy ones;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Me uses Chorus too, 35.00 a month

no problems
    ocassionally no access but for a matter of maybe 30 minutes ever 3/4 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm on Chorus too. In the past 2 months though it has been quite slow. Great upload speeds though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Yep! Also on Chorus, Tried some of the others but Chorus is top of the list:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kilkennymusic

i've got eircom 3mb for work and chorus 3mb for the house, working out 45 for the business package and 30 bucks a month for the house. it has been a bit slow of late but i've only experienced one real outage (a few hours) in a year with chorus, had a 2-day outage with eircom earlier in the summer. word was earlier in the week (yesterday maybe) that chorus were after laying new lines coming into kilkenny to sort the speed issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

UTV broadband 3mb and €29.99p.m. never any problems 2 years with them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I have chorus broadband as well. Its been hot and cold since August. Going out on a near weekly basis. Supposedly faults in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭myironlung

I'm moving to Kilkenny next summer. Will my ntl connection work there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No. NTL are only in Dublin/Galway/Waterford as far as I know. Chorus offer cable broadband in Kilkenny, as mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 kilkenny21m

I got 2mb cable broadband with eircom (bout 35€ a month) no problems what so ever, easy to install broadband- I also got a router with it with connections up to four pc's (I got two computers hooked up with no lag in broadband).
    Hope that helps you in choosing which provider to use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement