Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's my Electricity??

Options
  • 10-10-2006 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

The power went out on our street about 20 minutes ago - anyone else in the same boat? It's v strange, can't do anything while it's gone. Kinda cool having all the candles lit though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How are you online?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Where are you? D. 15?

Laptop presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah my laptop has about 20 minutes life left in it.

I'm in Glasnevin (D 11). Rang the ESB emergency number which nicely told me that there's serious problems in a good few parts of Dublin (incl Ballyfermot, Ballymun and Donabate) and that they don't know when it's going to be fixed. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Whatever you do, don't panic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Whatever you do, don't panic.
    Mr Mannering! Mr Mannering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I got the laptop part, i was more on about how your t'internet connection is working.

It's dial-up. I just put the phone line into the back of the computer and I'd installed an eircom.net cd thing months ago. Turned off the laptop a couple of minutes after the last post and just back here again now to see if anyone knew anything about the power cut.

Wow, this post is really a waste of the precious 11 minutes battery time I have left...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I came home to find my power was off late morning according to my house alarm and flashing alarm clock in the bedroom. I'm in Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

stargal wrote:
    Yeah my laptop has about 20 minutes life left in it.

I'm in Glasnevin (D 11). Rang the ESB emergency number which nicely told me that there's serious problems in a good few parts of Dublin (incl Ballyfermot, Ballymun and Donabate) and that they don't know when it's going to be fixed. :mad:

Yeah I'm in dcu and the power flickered on and off 4/5 times around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'm in D11 too, I ended up just getting 2 hrs kip while the power was out as with my broadband connection needing to be plugged in I couldn't go on-line, couldn't watch TV or a DVD, couldn't read, was kinda stuck for anything to do...:(

• Advertisement

Yeah that was the worst part - it was so boring! I read a couple of papers using the light from my bike. Exciting stuff ;)

Advertisement