Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test cancelled because of bad traffic!! Wtf!

Options
  • 10-10-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

this ever happen to anyone? coz ive certainly never heard of it! was sitting in the test center, they came out to me 15 minutes late! and said "unfortunately we cannot conduct your test today as there is bad traffic"

I then had to ask Well wat the hell happens now etc??? apparently i will get another date in the post! After i took a day off , did a pretest, got car checked out... etc basically wasted a lot of time and money! not to mention getting yourself hyped up to do the fkin thing!

so wat now? im supposed to take another day off in the hope they will feel like bringing me out next time!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

That's incredible, like you'll never run into bad trafffic again in this city, put it this way in my opinion it's harder to drive in bad traffic than open roads with a few cars on it, time=money (that's what they're thinking off) either that or the instructor was worried about getting home for his tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

this ever happen to anyone? coz ive certainly never heard of it! was sitting in the test center, they came out to me 15 minutes late! and said "unfortunately we cannot conduct your test today as there is bad traffic"

I then had to ask Well wat the hell happens now etc??? apparently i will get another date in the post! After i took a day off , did a pretest, got car checked out... etc basically wasted a lot of time and money! not to mention getting yourself hyped up to do the fkin thing!

so wat now? im supposed to take another day off in the hope they will feel like bringing me out next time!?!

only in ireland:D typical.Traffic (tis ireland):eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Very occasionally the Driver Testing Service may have to cancel your test at short notice. Every effort is made to notify the test candidate immediately. In such circumstances, Driver Testing will arrange a further test free of charge at the earliest date possible. The Department will also consider reimbursing certain out of pocket expenses, e.g., hire of vehicle on the day of the cancelled test, on receipt of the appropriate claim in the Department. (View contact information under 'Where to apply' below).

http://oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/driving_test.html?search=driving+test

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It happens fairly regularly especially if there are extensive unplanned (i.e. emergency) roadworks in the vicinity of the test centre. It also happens (although rarely) if the weather conditions are treacherous (e.g. excessive snow, flooding etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

this is ireland for you.we are the only backward country:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There was a woman on the radio the other day complaining abou tthis. Apparently the tester said that overtime has been stopped. If its true then its fair enough, no one is going to work for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

If overtime has been stopped then that's a serious issue imo. So much for Cullen's committment to reduce the waiting lists for tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

drdre wrote:
    we are the only backward country:(
    Yes, of course we are. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kenfjt

Mine got cancelled in January cause they coudn't get a tester down for that day. Ya I can see why, I mean they only had 48 weeks to plan that one. Luckily for my sanity it only took another month. Odd that I was of the understanding that 4 weeks was less then 48 weeks.
    And as for cancelling due to heavy traffic a friend of mine was taken down a small country lane, were a 40footer was trying to reverse out of a yard. Oh and they failed him for his troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Yes tests do get canceled for that, or if the Tester is late back from a previous test because of being delayed in traffic, or other 'unspecified' reasons.

You will get a test offer to replace that fairly quickly.

If you hired a car for the test, you can claim that cost back off them, but not for the pre-test, or travel to the centre, nor for lost wages, nor for stress!!

Good luck with the next one

• Advertisement
Advertisement