Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magnet 150 gb on all packages?

Options
  • 10-10-2006 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is the download limit 150 gb per month on all packages, eg the €15 2mbps package?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 White Van Man

The 2mb package? You must be joking. That's got a 10gig limit

You only get the 150gig limit on the 60 quid a month package as far as I remember from the Magnet sales spiel last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The 2mb package? You must be joking. That's got a 10gig limit

You only get the 150gig limit on the 60 quid a month package as far as I remember from the Magnet sales spiel last week.

magnet have a 150gb download allowance a month and you can
    carry forward what you dont use to the next month, i seriously dont
    ever see myself going over 150gbs, my pc hard drive is only 200 gbs :)

I read this post and thought this was for all packages since no specific packages was mentioned... Well, I see now that I must have been joking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

flodis79 wrote:
    Is the download limit 150 gb per month on all packages, eg the €15 2mbps package?

http://magnet.ie/packages/starter.shtml
    · Up to 2Mb download

· 2Mb upload in new housing developments equipped with Fibre To The Home technology.

· 256Kbps upload over existing phone lines, using ADSL2+ technology

· 10GB monthly usage allowance. If the usage allowance is not used in one month it is not carried forward to the next month.

· €0.50 per GB charged for each GB used over the monthly 10GB usage allowance.

Note that somewhere on the Magent site I saw a note that says that by applying for the 2MB dsl service, you are agreeing to take an entertainment package when it is available in your area. You might want to double check that before signing up for their DSL only service.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

the 8mb package = 150GB, the 4mbps packages = 100GB the 2mbps package = 10GB

JNive wrote:
    the 8mb package = 150GB, the 4mbps packages = 100GB the 2mbps package = 10GB

Thats a bit crap. I wonder why the 2mb has one tenth the cap of the 4mb package.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

€0.50 per GB charged for each GB used over the monthly 10GB usage allowance

In fairness, 50c per Gig is pretty decent. But probably enough to stop people from downloading 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Baseline cost for providing access to their network.
    That cost, expressed as a percentage of each individual package cost, goes down as you go up the bandwidth/capacity scale.

And it's to keep Mommy interested in how much traffic Little Mikey is generating.

Advertisement