Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

prada trainers

• 10-10-2006 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

saw a pair in town today, think there was 25% off so they were costing about 150euro. quality looked very good and had prada acrosss the side. nearly all white, what do you guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

If you like them then get them. Price seems high but I guess you are paying for the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

saw a pair in town today, think there was 25% off so they were costing about 150euro. quality looked very good and had prada acrosss the side. nearly all white, what do you guys think?

How could we have an opinion on something we havent even seen :o . From what u have said they sound a bit gay, but perhaps they arent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

you may have seen them! or have seen similar ones. how do they sound gay?

you may have seen them! or have seen similar ones. how do they sound gay?

They're "prada" trainers tbh :o . I couldnt really have seen anything similar if i dont have a reference point to work from, got a link maybe?

They're "prada" trainers tbh :o . I couldnt really have seen anything similar if i dont have a reference point to work from, got a link maybe?
    As i saw them in town I do not have a picture of the actual pair but they are similar to the last pair in the picture posted by dumb5 on this forum.
    http://kitmeout.com/fashion_talk/viewtopic.php?t=2803

• Advertisement

As i saw them in town I do not have a picture of the actual pair but they are similar to the last pair in the picture posted by dumb5 on this forum.
    http://kitmeout.com/fashion_talk/viewtopic.php?t=2803

Not really my thing but different strokes for different folks hey. Still feel that you could get something very similar for half or even a quarter of that price, dont buy them just becuase they have prada printed down the side ;) .

Wasn't going to, but the brand is a factor. The quality seems extremely high also. I was thinking of getting them or a pair of Paul Smith's which were 100, no pic of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't think white trainers are worth the money tbh, they're wrecked within a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Piste wrote:
    I don't think white trainers are worth the money tbh, they're wrecked within a week.
    Good advice! Unless the OP is really really rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Where did you see them? I'd only splash out that much if they looked really well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

but the brand is a factor.

Anyone else find this hilarious?

VICTIM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Aye, its out of order. Posting about fashion brands on a Fashion and Appearance threa....oh.

Live and let live I say...

VICTIM!

VICTIM!
    how is it 'hilarious'? that the brand is a factor when i buy something? What's your problem with that?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

If the trainers didn't say "prada" on them, would you still buy them?

don't know, probably not. but it isn't just the case that they have prada wriiten on them but they are pieces of ****, they quality is excellent also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lol

There's a sucker born every minute.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    lol

There's a sucker born every minute.
    yeah anyone who buys designer stuff is a complete sucker, clearly there are millions of us in the world who are total fools:rolleyes:

yeah anyone who buys designer stuff is a complete sucker, clearly there are millions of us in the world who are total fools:rolleyes:
    The first step is acceptance.

http://www.blackspotsneaker.org

(Realy just the concept and philosophy I'm talking about here, not the style of the shoes)

JC 2K3 wrote:
    The first step is acceptance.

http://www.blackspotsneaker.org
    wouldn't wear them for money. the thread is about prada trainers, why are you going off on a tangent about paying extra for labels? can't you start a thread if you wish to have such a discussion?

wouldn't wear them for money. the thread is about prada trainers, why are you going off on a tangent about paying extra for labels? can't you start a thread if you wish to have such a discussion?
    It's not a tangent, you clearly said:
    what do you guys think?

In short, no pair of ordinary looking shoes could possibly be so superior in quality to spend €150 on them. Half that would be excessive IMO.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote:
    It's not a tangent, you clearly said:

In short, no pair of ordinary looking shoes could possibly be so superior in quality to spend €150 on them. Half that would be excessive IMO.
    That post is fine, it is discussing the topic. What you are saying about being a 'victim' is clearly off topic. I would disagree with you about not paying more than 75euro but i guess that is obvious.

Meh, I just got a very good quality pair of skate shoes for €30 the other day in TK Maxx. I'm a bit pissed off at advertising the brand on the side and bottom of the shoe(It's "Vision", haven't heard of them though which makes it a bit better), but in terms of quality I can't see how they could be much better if I bought well known branded ones for double or triple the price.

If I buy branded shoes it'd be in a sale or knock off shop, otherwise there's a limited amount of options. Dunnes shoes have gotten better recently.

But yeah, returning to the original point. I don't believe ordinary looking shoes can be really worth any more than €50 or €60 and I'd urge people to be aware of exploitation by companies.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Meh, I just got a very good quality pair of skate shoes for €30 the other day in TK Maxx. I'm a bit pissed off at advertising the brand on the side and bottom of the shoe(It's "Vision", haven't heard of them though which makes it a bit better), but in terms of quality I can't see how they could be much better if I bought well known branded ones for double or triple the price.

If I buy branded shoes it'd be in a sale or knock off shop, otherwise there's a limited amount of options. Dunnes shoes have gotten better recently.

But yeah, returning to the original point. I don't believe ordinary looking shoes can be really worth any more than €50 or €60 and I'd urge people to be aware of exploitation by companies.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but i would completely disagree. Lets not drag this further off topic though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

JC 2K3 wrote:
    It's "Vision", haven't heard of them though which makes it a bit better

Vision are one of the first skate brands. Think they kind of went under though and this is just a new company who bought the logos, fas as I know anyway.
    If people want to pay for a name then just let them. I'm sure the Prada trainers are just as good a quality as Dunnes Stores, no better or worse. I'll pay money for runners but I pay for the design and style, not the name. Last pair of runners I bought cost me €140 but they were a pair of asics for running. Paid for a technical running shoe and I guarantee they are far, far superior to those Prada shoes. FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 irishstyle

I had my eye on those same prada trainers. Myself and the woman spent an awful lot of time checking out runners in loads of shops and, really, i couldnt justify paying for the prada. I am totally into my labels and own a prada jacket and jeans (and like them), but the trainers i did buy were just far trendier - they also happened to be a lot cheaper but that wasnt the main factor. My woman reckoned those pradas were a bit gay - i couldnt see that to be honest.

We are all into brands in some way or another. dunnes is a brand.

The poster is entitled to post about this and, yes, there are people out there who like to spend a little bit more on their clothing. that is up to them.

I was under the impression that the Fashion and Apperance forum was for people to discuss or criticize fashion; not to make whiny value judgements about what people choose to spend their money on.

I would suggest that anyone who thinks the bloke is a fashion "victim" to just avoid the forum (and most certainly a thread that clearly says PRADA trainers) as not to get offended.

irishstyle wrote:
    We are all into brands in some way or another. dunnes is a brand.
    I disagree, "Dunnes" is not a brand name. On any Dunnes shoes there is a fake "brand name" written on them. I don't think anyone would be "into" Dunnes clothes like they are into Nike, Prada etc.
    stovelid wrote:
    I was under the impression that the Fashion and Apperance forum was for people to discuss or criticize fashion; not to make whiny value judgements about what people choose to spend their money on.

I would suggest that anyone who thinks the bloke is a fashion "victim" to just avoid the forum (and most certainly a thread that clearly says PRADA trainers) as not to get offended.
    That's a contradiction. We are discussing fashion. He asked what we thought of the prada trainers. In my opinion they looked very ordinary and I didn't think the price was justified. Whiney value judgement? Are we not allowed to discuss the economic side of fashion??

Actually, it wasn't necessarily aimed at you dude; more anybody who was criticizing the OP because he's opts for brands.

The OP didn't actually ask for a discussion on the ethics of brand prices and made this quite clear. As such, discussing the economic side of fashion on this thread is not helpful to him. That's for another thread.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Are we not allowed to discuss the economic side of fashion??

Cheers for some of the positive posts lads. I didn't want the thread to descend into a debate about the cost of designer labels and so on. I actually have seen a nice pair of shoes on an online store that I am now considering. They are Dolce & Gabbana, brown and kind of smart looking. I can post a link if someone wishes to see them or give their opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

To me its like NIKE fitting out your kitchen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

prada is a great brand but lets face it we are in Ireland - they will be manky in no time!

Decided against the Pradas and now probably going to get these if they are available in my size, will have a look in town tomorrow. They are down to 115euro ,25% reduction. Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

No opinion on anything I haven't seen, but as the season is nearly over, it's all about going out gear these days, and not gear for wearing down the x on a Friday night. :o

I have 2 pairs of Prada [when they were still made in Italy] trainers, I look after them well, each pair have lasted 4 years plus, and will probably last at least that again (hopefully longer than any footwear bought from Dunnes[having bought and worn BOTH I know what I'm talking about]), but for month-on-month impulse buying, I would much rather trek around the seemingly skanger-ridden shops around town and top up on the adidas collection (40 plus), than invest 125 quid in a pair of Prada trainers. Just me like...

Advertisement