Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Estimated tax for American Eagle order

• 10-10-2006 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I just ordered about $200 worth of stuff frin ae.com. The shipping was $50. I was wondering if anybody has any idea how much the tax on the order would be approx?

Thanks for any help.
    Besty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anytime i've ordered from there <$150 i've never got stung for tax/customs.

if you have a nice postman that is.

but if you are unlucky you are looking at afaik

21% VAT
    1-5% Customs charge
    Some small handling charge usually about 5 euros or something.

this is all calculated on the total invoice amount so in your case $200+$50= $250.

this is just a rough guide, i'm not sure on the custom charge or the handling charge percentage figures but i know for certain if your caught for charges you'll be paying 21% VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Rightyo. Thanks Cremo. Here's hoping I get away!
    By the way, how long did your order take? They say up to 2 weeks on their site, what was your experience?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I had some orders from ae last year and didn't have to pay any customs either. Although they were much less than $200. It's luck really but your chances of getting away are better since its usps/an post handling the delivery, if it was fedex you'd be guaranteed to have to pay customs. But to be honest, the odds aren't good with such a big order.

My orders only took about a week, maybe a bit more. They have order tracking I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

any time i've ordered it took 4-7 days to come, they are fairly efficent in that department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I got an email from the AE customer service team yesterday saying:

Dear AE Friend-
    Thank you for your recent order from American Eagle Outfitters. Unfortunately,
    we are unable to process your order because we could not obtain verification
    from your credit card company.
    Please contact our Corporate Customer Relations Department at 866-338-2389, Monday
    through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST to verify all credit card information.
    Sincerely,
    American Eagle Outfitters
    Our mailing address: 150 Thorn Hill Drive, Warrendale, PA 15086 USA"

I think the problem was that I used my dad's credit card and I think they require the delivery name etc. to match that of the credit card holder. I've mailed them twice now trying to fiind out what's going on. I made a new order asking them to cancel the old one and go through with the new one - one I think I have completed properly. They aren't getting back to me though, which is very annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah you should never use a different name/address to that of the cardholder. Most places will reject it or it will cause a huge delay. The new order should go through alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'd laugh if the stuff doesn't fit.

Sangre wrote:
    I'd laugh if the stuff doesn't fit.

I had to send back a hoodie because of this. I'd heard their sizes ran large so I ordered a medium (which is usually too small for me). It fit like an XL. lol. I just don't understand american sizing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

when i ordered i oredered like 150$ or something, and they came to the door asking for 70€!!! it was so annoying!!!
    if you order under 100€, theres no customs. it usually takes around 5 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

American Eagle piss me off, their sizing and quality is so crappy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Can you not just ask them to stick a incorrect price on the outside of the box?

Advertisement