Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macromedia captivate - Good for e-Learning?

Options
  • 10-10-2006 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has used Macromedia Captivate as an online presence for training clients or even internally?

Basically I work in a training/tech department and our current method of using netmeeting (using powerpoint presentations, while we are on the phone or sharing our live environment) for training our client remotely is just not good enough (well we don't get many complaints but our aim is to stop the customer coming back with more questions).....

Anyway, I had the suggestion to use a flash based system that would be interactive to the client, i.e. they would log onto a website, put in the code and they would have a choice of training languages etc and go through this interactive training....their would have to be audio involved, if the customer has no means of using audio then a subtitle substitute would have to be an option.......customer would have to point and click to make it interactive....the reason we need this is that the app we are training people on is very java heavy (microsft, cab files)....while it is a website that customers will use it is really on online/offline system as they have to download allot of jar files etc this can cause problems with IT departments etc and delays our rollout to the customer......

So, basically is it possible to record actions on my computer with captivate then put in rules that 'User click on A button within page, then move to Page 2....must click on button B move to next page' by button I mean area on page....it would have to appear as if the customer is clicking on the actual webpage/product they are going to use/buy and be seemless to them....

Sorry for the long post but if anyone has any experience can you let me know (I tried to download the demo but I am using a mac from home and I have to get authority to download it in work which could take weeks) \\

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Easy Rider wrote:

So, basically is it possible to record actions on my computer with captivate then put in rules that 'User click on A button within page, then move to Page 2....must click on button B move to next page' by button I mean area on page....it would have to appear as if the customer is clicking on the actual webpage/product they are going to use/buy and be seemless to them....

this is possible as far as i can remember, demo available for download from www.adobe.com

Advertisement